Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi 4 / BCM2711 Display Pipeline Still Being Worked On For VC4 DRM Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi 4 / BCM2711 Display Pipeline Still Being Worked On For VC4 DRM Driver

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 4 / BCM2711 Display Pipeline Still Being Worked On For VC4 DRM Driver

Going back a number of months have been patches for bringing up the Broadcom BCM2711 display pipeline as found with the Raspberry Pi 4 SBC. That work still hasn't been mainlined but a fifth round of patches has now been sent out for review...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish they still called it DRI, DRM scares me because the associated meaning of that abbreviation is Digital --Rights-- Restrictions Management.

Kinda like how people are associating the phrase "lock down" with "marital law". All Squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. People are promising There are just rectangles, but not squares, but once squares start popping up, they're just going to say "It's just a rectangle, you've handled rectangles before and you were ok with it, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by commodore256 View Post
      I wish they still called it DRI, DRM scares me because the associated meaning of that abbreviation is Digital --Rights-- Restrictions Management.

Kinda like how people are associating the phrase "lock down" with "marital law". All Squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. People are promising There are just rectangles, but not squares, but once squares start popping up, they're just going to say "It's just a rectangle, you've handled rectangles before and you were ok with it, right?"
      I'm not sure of what you mean here.

Even if it's called DRM it's still graphics subsystem and it's not going to become digital rights management.

Comment

Originally posted by commodore256 View Post

It's been DRM for longer than "Digital Rights Management" has been around

Comment

Working...
        X