X.Org Server 1.20.9 Released With Numerous XWayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Accept pop culture and degrade into a monkey with GNOME's horrible UX?
    Get help.

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    It's almost funny indeed.

Many people are stating it's ready, then at the end of their praise, they add something like:
    - Only a couple of challenges
    - The only problems I've ran into are
    - Just a few issues left
    - If that issue could now be solved, it would really be perfect.

That's what I was saying, the moment you put together all the diversity of workflows, those 1-2 issues everyone has become hundreds of issues. But some refuse to acknowledge them because they're just too focused on their own workflow seemingly working fine. They don't see the bigger picture.

I'll do the same, check once in a while. With Gnome and GDM, it's just a log out away.
    When I deem it ready for my workflow(s), I'll be happy to move on. It's still probably going to be another 2 years though, given the above-mentioned hundreds of issues here and there. And it's alright.
    It's not really. If we agree on talking about "well supported" Environments in both X11 and Wayland, then there is a catch. Your perspective doesn't take into account that people do also have issues with X11. If you take that into account you'll see that the difference in user experience papercuts is reallly really small.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      Vistaus Sorry but this release doesn’t come with Wayland. But most commits are XWayland related. Look it up.
      Of course, the GNOME Troll didn't understand my post. What a surprise.

Comment

Working...
      X