No announcement yet.

S3 Graphics Responds About Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3 sucks. It's been sucking all along and will be sucking in the foreseeable future. Stay away from it. Period.

Comment

Indeed, I'd wager good money they set that to show GPL because of the "Module <mod> taints kernel" message that appears in peoples logs. That and hey, this is how F/OSS works isn't it? You say it's GPL'd and then tell people bite me when they want to see the source.

Erm... no S3. It's not. You set the GPL flag only and I do mean ONLY if you are going to comply with the GPL. Otherwise you a) look like idiots b) annoy people c) get laughed at d) make people highly suspicious of your intentions e) all of the above.

And I'm getting sick of stuff like this happening. Support Linux or don't. GPL or don't. Just make your bloody mind up which it is and get on with it. It stopped being entertaining a long time ago; go learn some new dance steps.

Comment

I don't think that S3 cares about the "kernel tainted" message. I guess that they want to use GPL-only kernel interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
          I don't think that S3 cares about the "kernel tainted" message. I guess that they want to use GPL-only kernel interfaces.
          PRobably, although it does allow them to point at the driver and go "See, it IS GPL".

Comment

S3 Graphics Responds About Linux Support

Toying with the idea of a graphics tablet...who here uses one, and how useful are they?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X