Microsoft Posts Initial DRM Driver For Hyper-V Synthetic Video Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Posts Initial DRM Driver For Hyper-V Synthetic Video Device

Phoronix: Microsoft Posts Initial DRM Driver For Hyper-V Synthetic Video Device

Microsoft has posted their initial patch implementing a Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) driver for the synthetic video device exposed by their Hyper-V virtualization stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish this never happened... :<

Comment

This should definitely improve performance for Wine on Linux on Windows 🤘

Comment

Maybe MS could also help porting Wine to Windows 😋

Comment

A gallium driver might be more useful. With the assorted virgil projects, might be a more straightforward solution

Comment

Sweet its great to see the continued development of Microsoft's new OS liNTux!!

Comment

I wish they (or anyone capable) could develop one for Windows 95 so I can play some decent older titles.

I think it is sad there is still a certain blind spot where the games are too recent for DOSBox and a software renderer and too old for VirtualBox / VMWare's Windows XP accelerated GPU passthrough driver.

Kind of the DirectX 3 - 7 era

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                I wish they (or anyone capable) could develop one for Windows 95 so I can play some decent older titles.

I think it is sad there is still a certain blind spot where the games are too recent for DOSBox and a software renderer and too old for VirtualBox / VMWare's Windows XP accelerated GPU passthrough driver.

Kind of the DirectX 3 - 7 era
                And Wine is not able to run these games? Or do you specifically want to run these games on Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

And Wine is not able to run these games? Or do you specifically want to run these games on Windows?
                  There are still oddities with certain stuff from the Windows 95/98 era. The original FFVII for Win98 gave me issues in Wine the last time I tried, six months ago, it so I ended up finding a copy of the Steam version since it works just fine in Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

There are still oddities with certain stuff from the Windows 95/98 era. The original FFVII for Win98 gave me issues in Wine the last time I tried, six months ago, it so I ended up finding a copy of the Steam version since it works just fine in Wine.
                    Haha never knew there was a Windows version of FFVII, I remember trying to use Bleem on Win 98 to run the PS disk. Until Sony shut them down anyways.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                    X