Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Developer Posts Latest Patch For Variable Refresh Rate Within X.Org Modesetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Developer Posts Latest Patch For Variable Refresh Rate Within X.Org Modesetting

Phoronix: Intel Developer Posts Latest Patch For Variable Refresh Rate Within X.Org Modesetting

With Intel supporting Adaptive-Sync/VRR with Gen11+ graphics and these days with effectively only supporting xf86-video-modesetting for X.Org-driven Linux desktops rather than their basically dead xf86-video-intel driver, the Intel open-source Linux developers continue working on plumbing variable refresh rate support into this generic modesetting DDX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is VRR supported on Wayland? I guess it is up to the Wayland compositor? Is it supported on Weston, wlroots and GNOME Shell?

It looks like X.Org is continuously improving and now fulfilling many of the premises of Wayland.

Comment

pathic code from pathic Developer this intel for you my both Haswell and ivy bridge laptop work like crap in Linux and because lazy Developer decided to write multi library for Hardware video acceleration and for openCL support and know they dropping support for 7gen+.

this way apple abandoned intel and console game come with AMD CPU

Comment

I'm waiting as well for VRR support on Wayland. But the generic modesetting driver seems like a start!

Comment

Typo (omission):

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          At least until [...] squares away their kernel side support,

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Is VRR supported on Wayland? I guess it is up to the Wayland compositor? Is it supported on Weston, wlroots and GNOME Shell?
            Sway yes. Mutter (Gnome) is in the works:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Is HDMI supported for Intel? Because AMD has not added (yet) any support for HDMI VRR, only DisplayPort.

Comment

Yep, it is up to the compositor.
                wlroots and GNOME Shell both support VRR.

It looks like X.Org is continuously improving and now fulfilling many of the premises of Wayland.
                It always did.

Comment

Now just for HDR support...

Comment

Originally posted by bezirg View Post
                    Is HDMI supported for Intel? Because AMD has not added (yet) any support for HDMI VRR, only DisplayPort.
                    HDMI VRR is only supported on HDMI port 2.1 and above, so if the hardware supports it, then the driver work will be done to support it on hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X