X.Org Board Elections Wrap Up For 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    MrCooper Important Xwayland patches are backported. Sometimes they just develop for master and then immediately backport to 1.20.x. That comes with the least maintenance cost.
    You really just need to fork it and maintain the code yourself, since you know so much more than anyone else, including the developers. We are almost certainly missing out on major features because of the lack of a knowledgeable leader for the project like you.

Comment

I fully support the current strategy of releasing 1.20.x versions with important Xwayland fixes.
      Once again, there are more than XWayland fixes in Xserver point releases. I'd copy/paste the changelogs for you, but I've already done that in the past, and you can't comprehend it, or more likely, don't want to comprehend it because it ruins your trolling narrative.

Comment

DanL Naturally the Meritocracy extends beyond Red Hat.
        andyprough Forks are for drama queens. I fully support the current strategy of releasing 1.20.x versions with important Xwayland fixes.
        OK, good point. But if you were a drama queen - which you clearly are not - you would fork it, because you could run it better than it is being run now. I think we've clearly established that.

I'm just glad to know that you are out there, fighting for us little people, using your super powers for the causes of truth and justice and freedom. Like our very own Superman.

Comment

DanL Well none of this is our business. Arm chair comments on Phoronix doesn’t matter.
          That's a clever excuse to keep going and attempting to conquer Phoronix.

Comment

ITT: the Church of X11 vs. the Church of Wayland of the Latter Day Protocols (the latter with some microstuttering which isn't being accounted for).

I hate how all tech discussion nowadays can be reduced to "christianity for nerds."

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

No, I disagree with your characterization of X development (i.e. your blatant lying and trolling), especially when X devs tell you to stop with the "Xwayland is the only thing that matters" nonsense. That's your problem.
              As with most software what is important to one person isn't all that important to another. 144Hz post reflected his interests and certainly didn't deserve the inflammatory responses he got. If my interest is only in Wayland as implemented in Fedora, do I really deserve to be flamed at because of that interest? My perspective is that the thread took a massive wrong turn and frankly 144Hz had nothing to do with that wrong turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Once again, there are more than XWayland fixes in Xserver point releases. I'd copy/paste the changelogs for you, but I've already done that in the past, and you can't comprehend it, or more likely, don't want to comprehend it because it ruins your trolling narrative.
                You sir have some sort of comprehension problem, please read and digest his post again!!!!!! He never said anything that could be interpreted in the way you have. In fact it kinds blows ones mind to see his post twisted in such a way.

To remind you:
                DanL Naturally the Meritocracy extends beyond Red Hat.
                andyprough Forks are for drama queens. I fully support the current strategy of releasing 1.20.x versions with important Xwayland fixes.
                He simply states that he supports the releases of Xwayland fixes in 1.20.x and never implies that nothing else happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                  ITT: the Church of X11 vs. the Church of Wayland of the Latter Day Protocols (the latter with some microstuttering which isn't being accounted for).

I hate how all tech discussion nowadays can be reduced to "christianity for nerds."
                  Or how people can read something and determine that it says something that was clearly never spoken. Sort of like people reading the bible and then justifying some of the most hideous crimes ever.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

"nowadays"???? You should have seen the 90's. Church of emacs vs Church of vi was epic. Millions were slaughtered in those bloody battles. GNU/Linux has always had intense battles, mainly over the same issues - ease of use and uniformity vs traditional methods and configuring by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

"nowadays"???? You should have seen the 90's. Church of emacs vs Church of vi was epic. Millions were slaughtered in those bloody battles. GNU/Linux has always had intense battles, mainly over the same issues - ease of use and uniformity vs traditional methods and configuring by hand.
                      We live in the Golden Age of Bikeshedding.

Comment

Working...
                      X