Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volta View Post

So, in your opinion anyone who doesn't like Ubuntu's defaults must be autistic? In contrary only idiots, noobs or lazy people use Ubuntu's default kernel.
    I don't use Ubuntu, I stopped when Ubuntu started enabling kernel features that bricked one of my laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Because a kernel feature should never break userspace. If what you're doing is off by default, that's probably why.

Also, GDM defaults to Wayland whilst KDE defaults to X.org, so that could be a probable cause if you're breaking some kind of kernel graphic API.
      I have to check that. Is Wayland enabled in gdm or is it loaded later?

Comment

I have to check that. Is Wayland enabled in gdm or is it loaded later?
        Wayland is enabled by default on GDM for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Release motivated by GNOME’s need for Xwayland fixes.
          ..amongst other things. X is not a GNOME exclusive project. Stop the trolling!

Comment

What makes you think so? It always works with KDE. It's rather gdm problem
            SHUT THE FUCK UP!

WE DO NOT BREAK USERSPACE MAURO!

(Before getting offended, read https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/23/75)

Comment

Gnome needs to fix Gnome shell or mutter, because some games on Steam are unplayable. In KDE they're working like a charm. They also need to fix gdm which doesn't work with custom Kernel. After that it will be great desktop.
              Hmm, I recently realized that Steam's remote play not working for me might have to do with sway or xwayland... any pointers?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                X is not a GNOME exclusive project. Stop the trolling!
                You are right, but he is not trolling. Gnome have been active around some core systems in X.org as of late... namely some Xwayland fixes and tweaks, so he's not wrong in saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

WE DO NOT BREAK USERSPACE MAURO!

(Before getting offended, read https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/23/75)
                  I remember this rant. It's one of my favorite. I'll check if it's kernel or gdm.

Comment

DanL Problem1: You feel trolled by common facts. Problem2: You already got told during last discussion that X is not exclusive to GNOME. But it remains all about GNOME when no other desktops show up to the hard work.

Have fun with the new X release. Made by GNOME. Made for GNOME. Perfectly timed for next week’s GNOME releases.
                    Maybe your initial post wasn't trolling (I know for a fact it was, since all your posts are). But let's give you the benefit of the doubt. In any event, this last one totally is trolling. You know exactly what you're doing here, and a lot of long-time readers are getting sick of it. So kindly knock it off. But of course I know you won't ...

Comment

DanLYou feel trolled by common facts.
                      I already debunked your "facts" in the other thread. I'm not going to waste more time on your trolling, other than telling you to shut up, because that's all you deserve.

Originally posted by Duve
                      Gnome have been active around some core systems in X.org as of late... namely some Xwayland fixes and tweaks
                      That doesn't mean the only fixes in new X releases are GNOME-specific. Read the announcement. Also, X is looking to move to automated 6 month releases, so they realize that the current release model isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                      X