Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Maybe he's thinking that only persons on the autism spectrum compile their own kernels in 2019.
    Or the ones who prefer desktop optimized kernels instead of full of debugging enabled bloated crap - the Ubuntu way.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Gnome needs to fix Gnome shell or mutter, because some games on Steam are unplayable. In KDE they're working like a charm. They also need to fix gdm which doesn't work with custom Kernel. After that it will be great desktop.
      Excluding one game, all games on Steam I play works on GNOME for me. Never got any crash or something. I know there was some bug but as I know it's merged and will be included in version (3.34.2 probably).

Comment

Maybe he's thinking that only persons on the autism spectrum compile their own kernels in 2019.
        Are you calling Gentoo users autistic?

That said any half-decent distro makes recompiling the kernel package (any package really) with different options easy.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

Excluding one game, all games on Steam I play works on GNOME for me. Never got any crash or something. I know there was some bug but as I know it's merged and will be included in version (3.34.2 probably).
          I can't play Black mesa. Probably other Source based games won't work either.

Comment

Or the ones who prefer desktop optimized kernels instead of full of debugging enabled bloated crap - the Ubuntu way.
            Furthermore, I'm testing kernels since RC1 and I bisected few bugs already.

Comment

I'll explain if you don't understand. I have compiled my custom kernel which boots fine to KDE. When comes to Gnome gdm won't start with it. Maybe once in few tries it will work. So I can say 'huh' when this crap doesn't want to work.
              That's a kernel issue then.

Comment

I'm myself on the autism spectrum and I didn't think that, but great guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

That's a kernel issue then.
                  What makes you think so? It always works with KDE. It's rather gdm problem

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I'm myself on the autism spectrum and I didn't think that, but great guess.
                    So, in your opinion anyone who doesn't like Ubuntu's defaults must be autistic? In contrary only idiots, noobs or lazy people use Ubuntu's default kernel.

Comment

What makes you think so? It always works with KDE. It's rather gdm problem
                      Because a kernel feature should never break userspace. If what you're doing is off by default, that's probably why.

Also, GDM defaults to Wayland whilst KDE defaults to X.org, so that could be a probable cause if you're breaking some kind of kernel graphic API.
                      Last edited by Britoid; 23 November 2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X