X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    qt5 was released in 2012, gtk3 in 2011. i guess in one year kde will catch up
    Do you want things to happen faster? It won't happen if you complain here, but it will happen if you help development. Don't you want to do it? Do not complain. This is free software, where so many people commit to it every day, don't you like it? Pay and go to Microsoft or Apple!
    We should have more respect for those who help, develop and give their time to a community. Personally I always have great respect, be it Gnome, KDE, Xfce or other ....

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    Plasma 5 was released in 2014

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Plasma 5 had to wait for the arrival of Qt5 to be able to start working on Wayland, Qt4 did not have the support of Wayland, even Gnome started to work on it with the arrival of the Gtk3

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I guess in hindsight not all Wayland clients need to be compositors, certainly xwayland isn't and shouldn't be one.
    ok, nice to see we've sorted xwayland case. what's next? firefox wayland client should be compositor or not?
    But, yes I do believe that all current Wayland compositors are hacky and fragile
    you should organize church

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    As already mentioned -any- GTK3 or QT4 app will simply work with Wayland
    as already mentioned - no gtk3 or qt4 app will simply support wayland if app itself is linked with libx11 and calls its api besides toolkit. and many apps do

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Firefox is -not- GTK3, it uses bits of it embedded in a deeper API called XUL
    that's what "firefox is gtk3" means, it is used by application. unlike gtk2 or qt

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Damn, You're so badly misinformed....
    it's not just me, it's everyone, except omniscient duby229, who said nothing wrong
    Last edited by pal666; 07 September 2019, 05:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    So the real issue are the linux developers.
    app developers. linux is second class citizen for browsers, didn't you know?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Why does Wayland even exist?
    why does x11 even exist. wasn't x10 enough?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by beniwtv View Post
    Firefox has complete Wayland support
    ok, it should have been worded "until recently". the point is that gtk3 can't magically fix use of x11 api by app

Leave a comment:

Working...
X