Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Plasma's pause compositing approach,
    More like Plasma's *stop* compositing approach. The "block compositing" approach fully disables the compositor until the application is unfocused, and since there is a delay during compositor re-enabling, you are able to see an uncomposited desktop for 1 second.
    Full-screen unredirection actually "pauses" the compositor by allowing it to resume compositing instantly when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Me neither, but it isn't upstream, fullscreen unredirect doesn't work without issues and it puts too much pressure on my slow Gemini Lake SoC.
      Are you able to open an issue regarding this? (please include a backtrace if it crashes)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Exactly.
        Outstanding. Will install that tonight. Do you keep up with kwin updates? Have a Patreon page for support?

Comment

Hopefully proper HiDPI fractional scaling support comes out of it as well. The only DE I've seen on Linux that does it really well without horrible interpolation artifacts is Deepin. Even Chrome and Firefox look as good as they do in Windows at 125%. It's the main reason I was sad Manjaro was considering dumping Deepin as I really need fractional scaling. I've tried so many configs they all suck in some way except Deepin.

Comment

Good to see KDE getting some heavyweight backing. Thanks Valve!

Comment

It would be nice if we could have gsync/freesync working on multi monitor setups, and perhaps in windowed modes also. Atm you must disable secondary displays to use VRR modes which is a HUGE disadvantage over windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Iiari View Post

Outstanding. Will install that tonight. Do you keep up with kwin updates?
                Yes, I do. Usually a few hours of delay with official releases.

Have a Patreon page for support?
                Sadly, nope.

Comment

Originally posted by janodin View Post
                  Hopefully proper HiDPI fractional scaling support comes out of it as well. The only DE I've seen on Linux that does it really well without horrible interpolation artifacts is Deepin.
                  Gnome Shell 3.32 experimental scaling does that too for Wayland apps, so I switched to Firefox Nightly for now (as it's seems like this is only browser that support Wayland in available binary builds).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    Gnome Shell 3.32 experimental scaling does that too for Wayland apps, so I switched to Firefox Nightly for now (as it's seems like this is only browser that support Wayland in available binary builds).
                    Currently Wayland is broken in Firefox nightly https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1560545. Upgraded today and now it stopped working, but at least I see less flickering now as XWayland is not affected by the subsurface issue of kwin ;-)

Comment

What does that mean? Does it allow closing windows in expose with a middle mouse button rather than the little red "X"? If so, I'm all in, because that decision was baffling...
                      Then you should be very happy because I just re-added it.

Comment

Working...
                      X