Valve Is Funding Improvements To KDE's KWin & More Work On X.Org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post

Jesus, I'm the only person that use configuration managers, images or snapshot replication? I'm pretty sure you took more time posting here than I managing my systems in the last 3 years, be it Gnome or KDE.
    I just keep my /home synced/backed up. KDE for some reason is one of those that likes to reset my settings (not sure why). Same with the Tilix terminal, for some reason I have to reconfigure it too...But yes, most of the config is already there if I re-install, move to another system, etc.
    What, you use puppet/ansible on your desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
      I just keep my /home synced/backed up. KDE for some reason is one of those that likes to reset my settings (not sure why). Same with the Tilix terminal, for some reason I have to reconfigure it too...But yes, most of the config is already there if I re-install, move to another system, etc.
      What, you use puppet/ansible on your desktop?
      I hate wasting any time setting up anything, for personal machines I use BTRFS + btrbk + ansible for simple automation of partition creation and grub reinstall in new machines in the last 3~4 years, simple and effective, nothing missed. I let more complex uses of ansible + docker for machines I manage in my job.

Comment

Working...
      X