Valve Is Funding Improvements To KDE's KWin & More Work On X.Org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iiari View Post
    What does that mean? Does it allow closing windows in expose with a middle mouse button rather than the little red "X"? If so, I'm all in, because that decision was baffling...
    Then you should be very happy because I just re-added it.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321190

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Are you able to open an issue regarding this? (please include a backtrace if it crashes)
      I already mentioned it on your tracker, though I forgot that it was Wine specific:
      https://github.com/tildearrow/kwin-l...ment-491353509

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Every time I use Gnome I feel like I have something stuck on my screen that always gets in my way.
        don't get me wrong. i don't like gnome at all so i never use it unless i have no choise (like livecd/fresh install). i'm a big fun of cinnamon.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Then you should be very happy because I just re-added it.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321190
          O...M...G... Wow, that was a, what, 6 year, emotionally heated thread that you just resolved! I've said to folks that KDE was almost perfect except for the lack of that feature. That's it, you can now shut down the Usability and Productivity project! KDE perfection has been attained!

Comment

Originally posted by Iiari View Post

O...M...G... Wow, that was a, what, 6 year, emotionally heated thread that you just resolved! I've said to folks that KDE was almost perfect except for the lack of that feature. That's it, you can now shut down the Usability and Productivity project! KDE perfection has been attained!

It was a long and hard road to get there, but I think things are now set up in a better way so we don't get ourselves in situations like that to begin with. It's amazing what some face-to-face meetings can accomplish.

Comment

Nice news. Even if i use Xfce. Good that a public focused company gets involved in a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                Currently Wayland is broken in Firefox nightly https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1560545. Upgraded today and now it stopped working
                Yeah, I keep using few days old version for now. Nevertheless, in the long run this doesn't matter, as Wayland support will be available in stable channel and distributions packages.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
                  Could I get the same work done with KDE? Sure. I just prefer no docks being on the screen to take up space where I could slide another terminal and watch output, or a chat program under the windows to see when someone replies to a message (have to turn popups off, they're horrible to pop up on the screen when you're sharing it during a video conference).
                  You can have no docks/panels. You can have a terminal slide down(Yakuake) or use the additional space for the use-case you cite(though I'd say there are better ways to handle such). the popup notifications can be disabled for when you do presentations(5.16 has revamped notifications that comes with a do not disturb mode).

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

You can have no docks/panels. You can have a terminal slide down(Yakuake) or use the additional space for the use-case you cite(though I'd say there are better ways to handle such). the popup notifications can be disabled for when you do presentations(5.16 has revamped notifications that comes with a do not disturb mode).
                    Sure, KDE is very configurable. Gnome does this for me by default. Like I said earlier, on my workstation I don't have time nor the desire to muck with the config every time I set up my system. I reserve that for my 'fun' with the Amiga. That's a case of 'how cool can I make this 25+ year old system look?' It's less fun when you have multiple gigahertz systems and gigabytes of ram.

Comment

Gnome does this for me by default. Like I said earlier, on my workstation I don't have time nor the desire to muck with the config every time I set up my system.
                      Uhh ok, so I take it you don't use Ubuntu then? Because you said that Ubuntu Gnome wasn't good for you by default, you had to make changes to that as well for you to be happy which would make you a bit of a hypocrite

When I install Ubuntu, I have to remove a bunch of the plugins, like that dash to dock that leaves the dock open all the time... I don't need that crap, it takes a bunch of screen space! Minimize that crap :P

Comment

Working...
                      X