X.Org Server Closer To Better Handling On-Demand XWayland Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Really when wayland has problems that takes years to resolve.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The above link proves that IBM developers are not interested to improve wayland implementations.
    I would really not be saying that at all.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is interesting that since IBM has acquired Redhat the Redhat developers have been getting more serous on these desktop problems.

You are forgot something important. Improvements to Wayland was something I was expecting from IBM taking over Redhat. Only graphical OS for the powerpc workstation boards is Linux.

Thinking that the powerpc worksation board are marketed as 100 percent audit-able for highly secure usage. Having X11 with it insecure input processing does not meet IBM requirements.

The link you pointed only really proved that Canonical Ltd is a interested party. The link I am pointing to shows a change in behaviour in Redhat since IBM took over. If you look at the developer who just transferred from Redhat to Google so Redhat is now after another graphical driver developer he had spoken counter to the wayland idea back in history.

Things are starting to change. We now have Canonical and Redhat working mostly in the same direction on Gnome. So its now a matter of time until when Gnome comes Wayland or Wayland+xwayland not run on plain X11 due to no longer have a compositor that uses X11 compositor extension..

Comment

It is easy to talk and the above link proves that. They do not have interest to develop wayland implementations because many fatal problems are years old.
      Problem is those years old of faults were under Redhat rule. Many year old faults have fixed or started being fixed as soon as IBM took control.

The gnome3 desktop is the worst desktop in the planet and only a few people like it. For example laptop users with usb graphics adapters:https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ME-332-Wayland
      Fully gnome under X11 I can use displaylink. XFCE is broken.

XFCE for displaylink devices have been broken/crashing for years now.

Comment

Soon, not gone happen. It takes years and never ready. See gnome3 bugs history.
        Funny problem is my comment is based on watching it and the fact the critical bugs close rate has increased since IBM acquirement of redhat. The close/fixed rate is insane rate. In fact at the rate of close all critical issues should be closed/fixed in the next 6-12 months.

Usb to DisplayLink users are in marginal. Usb to Display port rules.
        Usb to Display port. I guess you mean the USB C to display port. That is using the alternative mode of USB C. Yes still need to be connected to a graphics card to work. So you cannot use any random USB C port on your computer.

The Usb to Display port only works with those using newer hardware and even then not all new laptops will have this functionality and it has a downside.

Just look at all these displaylink docking stations notices how you have USB ports, audio and other things. Way more functional that usb C in altmode where the complete port is lost to DIsplay port out.

For example laptop users with usb graphics adapters:https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ME-332-Wayland

NO debainxfce I did not make this a critical issue. You did. So you are using marginal issues to make your point????

Either admit you have screwed up and raised an incorrect point or don't bother answering. Of course I have to ask how many under researched points you have raised where you have not check that you are not standing in a glass house throwing stones.

Comment

IBM makes more critical issues when an IBM developer touches the keyboard. Badly designed and implemented software is impossible to fix. A good example of this is pulseaudio. Even IBM realizes that pulseaudio is garbage software and develops pipewire. Pipewire will not be any better because it is made by IBM.
          Please stop putting IBM where you would write Redhat. IBM has made some major software stuff-ups they are also known for being the best at fixing them.

Pipewire was started by Redhat not IBM. Pipewire protocol is not 100 percent set in stone so IBM can improve it with their better management.

Basically stop trying to change the topic to another one where you are wrong.

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...75#post1102775

"DisplayLink is one of the most stupidest companies on earth, not only are they relying on a niche that is fading away (as you mention their pony trick is becoming mainstream) but they're letting their best developers and hardware engineers go."
          That post is only part of the story. Many of the issues xfce has with displaylink it has has with USB3/Thunderbolt pci-e graphics cards being hotplug.

Just because something is a niche that is fading away 1 trick pony. Does not mean being unable to support is not linked to other problems. The fact that displaylink has been got to work with Gnome Wayland is big news because because this is core framework things working. Yes expanding for the pci-e hotplug and thunderbolt security brings it own set of problems.

Even so there are a large number of places where you will find pre setup display link docking stations. It takes atleast 10 years for hardware like this to fade out of service.

The person clearly said fading. As in the need to support displaylink hardware is going to be around for quite some time.

Now you are quoting someone else to dig yourself out of hole. So you are saying the other person said it was not important enough to raise as a point.

Phoronix: X.Org Server Closer To Better Handling On-Demand XWayland Startup Merged this week to the X.Org Server code-base was an EGL-based GLX provider for helping XWayland and allowing some games to run nicely now under this X11 code-path for Wayland compositors. While not yet merged, another interesting bit of XWayland code

Remember its this post here where you made displaylink this topic. Are you admitting that making this a topic was the total wrong thing todo. I would say yes.

Hey everyone here is debianxfce admitting he has made a mistake. Remember I did not raise the Displaylink point so by undermining it you are undermining your own post.

Comment

Please stop limiting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ibms-r...moves-forward/

So it is right to call redhat IBM. Read the internet etiquette about writing a bold text.
            No please stop deformation. Systemd, Pipewire, and Pulseaudio were all actions done by Redhat before being start of being acquired by IBM. So IBM management is not responsible for how those developed before start of the acquirement.

Please read that title again say acquisition moves forwards. This is not acquisition finalised. It also would have paid to read that complete article.

This means the IBM/Red Hat acquisition is still on track for the second half of 2019.
            We are not in the second half of 2019 we are still in the first half of 2019. Redhat is not owned by IBM yet. IBM can only request Redhat Leadership do stuff at this stage. IBM cannot absolutely force Red Hat todo thing.

The fact Redhat behaviour has changed since the start of the acquisition process does mean that IBM most likely has more things they want done and Redhat is just meeting requests to keep IBM happy in the acquisition stage.

Legally at this stage it absolutely wrong say current actions of Redhat are IBM actions. Redhat current actions would be influenced by IBM at this stage. Redhat prior actions before the start of the acquisition process should always be referred to as Redhat actions.

Basically you are badly jump the gun and legally performing deformation on IBM. You have some serous balls doing that thinking how many people over the years IBM legal team as sued them out all their assets over that. Its one serous thing about commenting on IBM make sure you dot all i and cross all you t legally. You have not debianxfce. I would recommend you go back and edit your posts adding a correction note and sorry opps notice.

Comment

Working...
            X