X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by utrrrongeeb View Post
    In my experience, gaming has been relatively seamless thanks to XWayland. I suspect performance isn't maximized
    Performance basically is untouched by xwayland.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by lovenemesis View Post
    Right now I have to log in X.org session as if running on Wayland it leads strictly to total system freeze.
    So just uninstall that buggy piece of shit Wayland then?

Or are you a masochist?

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    users might not want to logout of their Wayland session into a X.Org session every time they want to start a game.
    Understandable.

But the issue is that you log into Wayland in the first place.

If you just used X.Org from the very start you wouldn't have this dilemma.

Leave a comment:

• lovenemesis
    replied
    Hope it would help me running Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II. Right now I have to log in X.org session as if running on Wayland it leads strictly to total system freeze.

Leave a comment:

• utrrrongeeb
    replied
    Many games are not Wayland-native yet, and users might not want to logout of their Wayland session into a X.Org session every time they want to start a game.
    In my experience, gaming has been relatively seamless thanks to XWayland. I suspect performance isn't maximized, but as I tend to target a 60Hz vsync rate that's not usually a concern. (As a tradeoff-bonus, if I ever want to record gameplay, the X-based games are still visible to OBS, for a price.)

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied

Most people who use Wayland are not employees at IBM.
    It's not only Fedora and Red Hat which use Wayland. People on Arch, Gentoo, openSUSE, Ubuntu, etc use it too.
    Everybody except Nvidia users which accounts for 81% marketshare.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    There's no reason that patch couldn't be backported to the 1.20 branch

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

12k IBM workers yes but not masses. Gnome3 is for IBM workers but not for masses.
    Most people who use Wayland are not employees at IBM.
    It's not only Fedora and Red Hat which use Wayland. People on Arch, Gentoo, openSUSE, Ubuntu, etc use it too.

Leave a comment:

• Veto
    replied
    Great with some focus on improving XWayland. XWayland is probably the biggest single reason why Wayland is still not there where I want to use it. There is simply too many X apps that do not work smoothly on Wayland - especially with a HiDPI screen.

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    Another very interesting MR (not yet landed) is https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...e_requests/203, which allows compositors to start Xwayland on demand. https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/420 works on that on the Gnome site. So lets hope we get a 1.21 for F30 and U19.10
    Last edited by treba; 24 May 2019, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X