X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no reason that patch couldn't be backported to the 1.20 branch

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Most people who use Wayland are not employees at IBM.
      It's not only Fedora and Red Hat which use Wayland. People on Arch, Gentoo, openSUSE, Ubuntu, etc use it too.
      Everybody except Nvidia users which accounts for 81% marketshare.

Comment

Many games are not Wayland-native yet, and users might not want to logout of their Wayland session into a X.Org session every time they want to start a game.
        In my experience, gaming has been relatively seamless thanks to XWayland. I suspect performance isn't maximized, but as I tend to target a 60Hz vsync rate that's not usually a concern. (As a tradeoff-bonus, if I ever want to record gameplay, the X-based games are still visible to OBS, for a price.)

Comment

Hope it would help me running Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II. Right now I have to log in X.org session as if running on Wayland it leads strictly to total system freeze.

Comment

users might not want to logout of their Wayland session into a X.Org session every time they want to start a game.
            Understandable.

But the issue is that you log into Wayland in the first place.

If you just used X.Org from the very start you wouldn't have this dilemma.

Comment

Originally posted by lovenemesis View Post
              Right now I have to log in X.org session as if running on Wayland it leads strictly to total system freeze.
              So just uninstall that buggy piece of shit Wayland then?

Or are you a masochist?

Comment

Originally posted by utrrrongeeb View Post
                In my experience, gaming has been relatively seamless thanks to XWayland. I suspect performance isn't maximized
                Performance basically is untouched by xwayland.

Comment

When will the Nvidia proprietary driver provide 3D acceleration under wayland... I think this is more important

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                    I could be wrong but this should actually help getting Xwayland working on nVidia.
                    nvidia's proprietary driver doesn't provide 3D acceleration with wayland up till now, I'm afraid. it's a little too early to expect the gaming gets helped

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Everybody except Nvidia users which accounts for 81% marketshare.
                      And me, an Intel user, because KDE still can't figure out how to not crash the session when opening Dolphin on Wayland and how to enable the context menu on the panel and desktop on Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                      X