X.Org's XDC2019 Issues Call For Proposals On Wayland, Mesa, X.Org, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    I've told you this a million times, that isn't a list of all Wayland applications just a list of the Gnome projects that are supported.

How about you run that command I suggested and then come back with a proper number of how many Wayland applications you have installed - I think you'll be suprised.

Comment

Only a few.

Waiting to see a list of thousands and thousands of applications that run natively with Wayland.
      Come on the complete list of gnome applications.

44 applications
      2 not checked so might or might not work
      1 documented as not working.
      2 documetned with issues.

So lets be kind and say 5 with issue. That is 88+ percent works currently from that webpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Slithery View Post

I've told you this a million times, that isn't a list of all Wayland applications just a list of the Gnome projects that are supported.

How about you run that command I suggested and then come back with a proper number of how many Wayland applications you have installed - I think you'll be suprised.
        Poe's law

and btw that list hasn't been updated in a long time, its no longer relevant (he knows that too).

Comment

oiaohm All purely theoretical. Likely no one is working on direct DRM leases. If you start a game in a Wayland session, you always end up having the compositor vsync on top, which is not the case in an Xorg session with compositor unredirect. Even if there was any extra latency by Xorg itself, it's close to nonexistent. You're completely missing the point of what is relevant in reality and what is not.
          And yes, I'm writing this inside a Plasma Wayland session and have just played Skyrim with D9VK. There is more input latency than with Xorg and unredirect, deal with it.

Comment

In your dreams.
             What do we do now? Wait. Yes, but while waiting. What about hanging ourselves? – Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot 

Please stop spreading religions in the internet.
            No you stop spreading your garbage. Please read that thing you quoted.

Implementing a better system than X11 without all it flaws was never going to be a fast process.

Wayland adoption continues.
            Key point is near there. Wayland is processing forwards slowly but surely because it the only option can can fix X11 defects that you like pretending don't exist.

Basically debianxfce drop you religion level stupid faith in X11 and look behind it to see its massive level of defects.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
              oiaohm All purely theoretical. Likely no one is working on direct DRM leases. If you start a game in a Wayland session, you always end up having the compositor vsync on top, which is not the case in an Xorg session with compositor unredirect. Even if there was any extra latency by Xorg itself, it's close to nonexistent. You're completely missing the point of what is relevant in reality and what is not.
              And yes, I'm writing this inside a Plasma Wayland session and have just played Skyrim with D9VK. There is more input latency than with Xorg and unredirect, deal with it.
              Plasma has input and output in 1 thread on wayland. X11 unredirect has input and output on two different threads. That is the reality.

Vsync is not the difference the threading layout is.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
                Plasma has input and output in 1 thread on wayland. X11 unredirect has input and output on two different threads. That is the reality.

he's just trolling, been doing it for years, no point giving him attention.

Comment

Basically debianxfce drop you religion level stupid faith in X11 and look behind it to see its massive level of defects.
                  lmao says the Wayland religious nut, priceless.

Comment

Oh, more buzzwords. Perhaps provide some numbers how much xorg in your opinion would have to increase input latency? 0.1ms?

Still as of today, input latency on Xorg is lower than with any current Wayland compositor (so yes, vsync is the difference). When gaming on Wayland will have the same latency is about to be seen. Wine gaming is most important on Linux, so say goodbye to thinking that a reasonable amount of games would pick up any advantages of Wayland by themselves any time soon.

Comment

what's up with debianxcfe, doesn't he have like a family, friends or a job? I feel bad for this guy, must live a lonely life

Comment

Working...
                      X