X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmare
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
    maybe dynamic official support finally land with intel nvidia laptops, without tricks or switch sessions
    That's what I hope for too. At least it seems like that's what they're working on, based on this comment:
    As per aplattner’s suggestion from https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/957814/linux/prime-and-prime-synchronization/post/4953175/#4953175, I’ve taken the liberty to open a new thread for discussing on PRIME GPU render offload feature on Optimus-based hardware. As you may know, Nvidia’s current official support only allows GPU “Output” instead GPU “Offload” may be unsatisfactory as it translates into higher power consumption and heat production in laptops. I did suggest in the PRIME and P...

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    maybe dynamic official support finally land with intel nvidia laptops, without tricks or switch sessions

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Maybe for X.Org Server 1.21 they can deprecate the x11-apps package or at least make it optional.

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    So I was testing gnome 3.32 (fedora 30) with nvidia's drm so I could use wayland on eglstreams.
    Everything works fine silk as butter, however Xwayland falls back to mesa softpipe.
    Will this fix it so Xwayland can use nvidia's opengl driver now?

Leave a comment:

• kmare
    replied
    Is this what is needed to replace bumblebee and finally be able to shutdown the Nvidia card cleanly in order to save battery life?

Leave a comment:

• 9Strike
    replied
    Does this mean we can simply offload to a secondary (laptop) gpu with PRIME=1 like with amd gpus?

Leave a comment:

• polarathene
    replied
    I suppose PRIME doesn't provide a way to expose a bridge from a linux VM guest to the host GPU? Could something like the Intel vGPU support be based off that or nope?

Can you offload to nvidia when using Wayland via this support and if so since it seems to mention X.org server, would it only work for apps running via XWayland?

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    As I always write with these articles, this is for nVidia only, PRIME works great with radeon & amdgpu using Mesa

Leave a comment:

• PRIME GPU Offloading Improvement For GLXVND Merged For X.Org Server 1.21

Phoronix: PRIME GPU Offloading Improvement For GLXVND Merged For X.Org Server 1.21

Work by NVIDIA to provide separate per-client vendor mappings for GLXVND were merged to X.Org Server 1.21 Git as another step towards improving the PRIME GPU offloading support when multiple GPU drivers are at play...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X