Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's FreeSync Linux Code Continues To Be Improved Upon For Low Frame-Rate Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrei_me
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

in Europe..
    I thought it was massively used everywhere, here in South America, only the tech savvy knows what a display port is

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

No plans for enabling hdmi freesync support. Some code for it is in place. Developers use DP monitors and the amdgpu driver support better DP monitors. Sell your hdmi monitor and buy a DP monitor, f.ex the ASUS VP28UQG monitor.
    hdmi, is massively used in Europe..

Leave a comment:

• Ropid
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

No plans for enabling hdmi freesync support. Some code for it is in place. Developers use DP monitors and the amdgpu driver support better DP monitors. Sell your hdmi monitor and buy a DP monitor, f.ex the ASUS VP28UQG monitor.
    Just to be clear, do you want to say "I think there are no plans", or do you mean "I know there are no plans"? If it's "I know", can you remember where you have seen this, can you maybe link to a comment from a developer somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    this is nice but PLEASE add support for HDMI freesync

Leave a comment:

• Ropid
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Anyone know how well this works with PRIME with Intel? Or do we need to wait until Intel implements Freesync and or extra stuff in between the two.
    I tried to find out what the Intel situation is, and I ran into news like this:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...VRR-Linux-Bits

It seems it's not supported right now, and everything I can find makes it sound like it won't be supported on existing GPUs, it will only work on future GPUs.

Then about PRIME, because the display is connected to the Intel GPU and not the AMD GPU, I would then assume that variable-rate-refresh won't work.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Anyone know how well this works with PRIME with Intel? Or do we need to wait until Intel implements Freesync and or extra stuff in between the two.

Leave a comment:

• fatino
    replied
    It's really nice seeing freesync working so well on Linux. I'm just waiting for it to work with 2 monitors. I've been looking for freesync monitor for a while, but I'm not ready to give up my dual monitor setup for this.

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    FreeSync already works quite well with Linux 5.0.x and Mesa 19.0.x for me. Looking forward to Vulkan support and the improvements in the current cycle.

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Thank you Mario.

Leave a comment:

• AMD's FreeSync Linux Code Continues To Be Improved Upon For Low Frame-Rate Scenarios

Phoronix: AMD's FreeSync Linux Code Continues To Be Improved Upon For Low Frame-Rate Scenarios

Since the FreeSync AMDGPU kernel driver support was introduced earlier this year in the Linux 5.0 kernel, it's continued to be improved upon and another round of updated patches were posted today aiming to help the variable rate refresh behavior in low frame-rate scenarios...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X