Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSM DRM Driver Bringing Zap Shader Support To Exit Secure Mode On Adreno 600 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM DRM Driver Bringing Zap Shader Support To Exit Secure Mode On Adreno 600 Series

Phoronix: MSM DRM Driver Bringing Zap Shader Support To Exit Secure Mode On Adreno 600 Series

The Freedreno MSM DRM driver changes have been submitted to DRM-Next ahead of Linux 5.2. MSM provides the Direct Rendering Manager support around Qualcomm Adreno hardware and with this next kernel cycle is continuing to see better Adreno 600 series support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

robclark imirkin how do you test/develop the driver? Do you use some snapdragon devboard? Rooted android smartphones?

Comment

I have a db845c and another "prototype thing" type devboard.. mostly because I need unlocked/rootable device preferably with others already working on upstream kernel support (otherwise I end up spending a lot more time on kernel bringup and less on mesa). I suppose pixel3 is a good choice (for a6xx) if you are looking for a phone that later in life can be an upstream hacking toy. But I started on a6xx before p3 was released.

Comment

Cool, and about the (future?) snapdragon laptops, AFAIU it is/will be supported by freedreno, right?

Comment

Which Levels of Vulkan and OpenGL does the driver support on the 600 series nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            Cool, and about the (future?) snapdragon laptops, AFAIU it is/will be supported by freedreno, right?
            The current laptops are a5xx or a6xx for the newer ones, both which should be well supported. The major work is the rest of the kernel (which is coming along) and then sorting out display handover from bootloader (iommu seems to be taken out of bypass by bootloader, and display is lit up, both of which will take some work across several driver subsystems to handle properly).. but there seems to be a lot of progress so far and hopefully in the not to distant future I'll have some time to pick up one of these laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
              Which Levels of Vulkan and OpenGL does the driver support on the 600 series nowadays?
              currently we are at gl31 and gles31 for both a5xx and a6xx.. and work is ongoing for gles32 (which also get us to about gl33 and a good chunk of gl4) for a6xx.

There is very preliminary vk support for a6xx.. I'm not sure I'd advertise that as "vk support" yet, but that will become more of a priority I guess once we reach gles32.

Comment

once gles32 is done we are rather close to what the current driver of my hardware supports. Very nice work

Comment

Working...
                X