Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARM Mali 400/500 DRM Driver Volleyed Out Again, Trying To Get Into The Mainline Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    It actually is. He didn't just quit, he ragequit.

This isn't about the difficulty of the task, but about how bad he was at managing pressure and emotions.

He had some hilarious meltdowns on this very forum where he shouted at bridgeman for the same old story about the AMD driver/firmware thing from decades ago.

If you can't fucking get over something no matter how bad in ten years, or at least pretend to for the sake of rebuilding your own life, then you're a crybaby, plain and simple.
    Something made him ragequit, and you should blame that, and not Him for that..
    He was a victim of what make him feel so bad!

He had no meltdown( that I remember.. ) against bridgman,
    Instead, he spoke about how sometimes we get betrayed, by "some events" in life..and he has the right to speak about that, or any other thing like any other Human..

That's just his own paranoia, it serves no real purpose.
    He is just one of many high-profile activists they lazily keep tabs on, nothing he actually does can be compromised and harm anyone, at most they can draw some funny things on his presentation slides or something. Killing him is not beneficial for any party involved either.
    I don't believe in that..
    Paranoia is something started by a man himself, the events resulting in his own ragequit( has far as I know ), and posterior Jobs rejection was an external event to him..
    And so its not paranoia, its like someone marked you, so that you would never do what you are good at..

And usually people that do that,
    They made it, because they are afraid of your superiority( the same here is valid for Narcizist people.. ).
    Yes lots of Narcizist people,
    Use very low tricks to turn your life in a hell, usually making bully on you, or trolling you constantly, to provoque pain on you, disorientation, and making you lose confidence( because they are infact inferior technically, they fear you ).

thats why lots of companies nowadays have psychological experts, to try to dump that 'trash people' out..

The only psychological warfare that can break a man comes from his own mind. Which is also what happened to libv.
    That is not true,
    I gave you the case of Mr Stallman, and how psychological warfare, changed his life
    And how KDE Aaron Seigo, killed himself( after threats, and even been chased by the police...a guy that his only crime was fighting for justice and freedom... )

psychological warfare,
    Is a torture weapon

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      He had no meltdown( that I remember.. ) against bridgman,
      LOL. You and I must have very different definitions of that.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

LOL. You and I must have very different definitions of that.
        Well, I haven't assisted, always to all posts.
        It could have indeed happen in some thread, and I don't remember or simply I haven't read it..

I remember some comments, some months ago, but very briefly nothing dramatic.
        I don't remember of insults, or any type or Aggressive behaviour, only Opinions..

I have a friend,
        She is Teacher in a University in Psychology( She is just Brilliant.. )..
        And I assisted one day to a Presentation she made..

I discovered, that a person that suffered traumas for something, in a loop, and cannot exit that loop, because of herself already completely broken, or because the ones that put him in that loop doesn't let him get out..

She or He, will endup on one of the options:
        1) Kill Himself
        2) Kill Somebody Else

This are the options,
        For a person that have been very badly treated, for a continuous time, without having the possibility to get out..
        This peoples are 'labelled' Passive( they have a so good heart in nature, that they cannot fight back bullying, or trolling, and so on,and so on ),

In the end they kill themselves or kill somebody else,
        Possibly killing themselves after( in some cases.. )

The Solution?
        As a Society we should fight against bullying, trolling, and everything that hurts people...in this way, no good people will ever kill!

This is a problem specially in the US..
        Lots of shootings at schools and so on, that could be prevented, simply blocking the bad guys, from hurting the good ones..

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRPi View Post
          Just in time since most vendor's Utgard licenses expire.
          what licences?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrablit View Post
            He also seems to want to drag others into it and make definitive statements about the intent of others, which isn't his right. He frequently popped into threads telling them to not work on the project because he thought they'd have similarly bad experiences, which burned out all the goodwill I had for him.
            Time will tell what in the end will happen to Alyssa Rosenzweig and Qiang Yu. Lyude Paul works on this on her redhat time and is therefore pretty immune to both political and economical pressures. Jem Davies has in the meantime moved away from ARM MPD, and maybe that has somewhat changed the equation. Maybe things are now possible that were deemed impossible 8 (when i started on this path), 7 (when i showed this code), 4 (when i got baselessly smeared by Jasper St. Pierre from Endless) years ago.

What did change is that ARM no longer is being treated like the boogieman, a status they definitely deserved, and ARM themselves have done nothing to change this.

Comment

He's put his side of things on livejournal. It's all unsubstantiated, though.
              Oh wow. You are vaguely referencing this blog entry: https://libv.livejournal.com/27461.html There I take apart an irclog, with timestamps, and point to the source, and you call it unsubstantiated?

He feels like he was blocked and blacklisted in the industry by AMD and ARM.
              And intel and red hat.

The intel one was particularly fun with both my manager and Dirk Hohndel definitely wanting me to follow my team from nokia to intel. I even had a nice chat with a finish HR person detailing my future wage (+20%) and the intel bonus program, a week or so after the interview. That was, until this person found out that i did not live in finland, and my application then had to be pushed through global HR, where "objections" were raised. Feel free to go ask Dirk about that one, in person. The main actors blocking this have since "moved" on.

Or should i talk about red hat? Jan Wildeboer and Dunja Heinrich visited the restaurant Ruhestoerung in Nuernberg one week after the February 2009 SuSE layoffs (which was the monday right after FOSDEM2009). After i had heard all i needed to hear, I left to our usual monday hangout. When i was gone, Jan Wildeboer ended up explaining to one of my good friends (and one of natures most scientific minds, and someone who loves pointing out some of my hyperboles, which he still gets to do on almost a weekly basis) that Adam Jackson had apparently loudly shouted (paraphrase of a paraphrase) "if libv joins red hat, i quit". Feel free to ask Ajax or Jan Wildeboer about that one. All of this was like a year and a half before Adam Jackson confessed that he had abused [email protected] to vandalize the radeonhd git repository (which in itself was a drunken revenge to Daniel Stone losing his job at Nokia).

Do i really need to go rehash the ati and arm ones?

He blames particular people (including a prominent AMD developer and a prominent mesa/DRM developer) for being obstacles, even though it's not at all in line with their current community involvement.
              "Current" being the key word there.

This was my whole point. I spent a lot of time attacking Dave Airlie for first supporting the (broken) ATI way and nastily forking a real C coded open driver, and then 5-8ys later turning around and trashing ATI for doing what ATI does, both by trashtalking amd-gpu and by doing radv to cockblock AMDs promised but then still closed vulkan driver. He first gave ATI the license to do what ATI does, and actively helped reduce AMDs internal grip on ATI, and then he cried when ATI did what ATI does, when it suited him. That's just two-faced dealing and mightily insincere.

He got upset at the level of support/opposition he felt he was getting and took a sabbatical for emotional health.
              Upset: somewhat. Sabbatical: from unpaid open source work. Emotional health: to some extremely limited extent. I was forced to cut my losses, which is never nice, went off to make a spot of money, yet continued participating in FOSDEM, something actually rewarding and mostly void of nasty backstabbing politics and the shitthrowing that is also being shown here.

Part of me still believes that it was wrong to continue lima. As stated earlier, the chances that the people now pushing lima and panfrost are going to have political and economical repercussions has perhaps reduced slightly (with jem davies gone), but are definitely not gone, and time will tell where that goes. The pressure on ARM is gone entirely, yet ARM has not learned its lesson, and history will repeat itself next cycle. A coldhearted calculation told me that it was better to have lima and tamil die, and see freedreno, etnaviv, and the then still positive looking but now also dead tegra/nouveau, lead the way. But people decided differently, and time will tell whether that really was the smart choice.

All of this may or may not be varying degrees of true, but it's extremely hard for anyone who wasn't present in every single meeting at two different companies and lurking on multiple IRC channels for several years to say how much of a conspiracy there was.
              This fundamentally contradicts the "It's all unsubstantiated" statement that you started with.

Comment

It actually is. He didn't just quit, he ragequit.

This isn't about the difficulty of the task, but about how bad he was at managing pressure and emotions.

He had some hilarious meltdowns on this very forum where he shouted at bridgeman for the same old story about the AMD driver/firmware thing from decades ago.

If you can't fucking get over something no matter how bad in ten years, or at least pretend to for the sake of rebuilding your own life, then you're a crybaby, plain and simple.
                Please apply the same critical thinking towards statements of Mr Bridgman. You might want to compare older statements with more recent ones for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                  That is not true,
                  I gave you the case of Mr Stallman, and how psychological warfare, changed his life
                  And how KDE Aaron Seigo, killed himself( after threats, and even been chased by the police...a guy that his only crime was fighting for justice and freedom... )

psychological warfare,
                  Is a torture weapon
                  And to add to that, there is also the case of Hans Reiser, who was such a victim of psychological warfare that he murdered a russian woman he purchased over the internet.
                  Or something like that.

Or we could face the truth, that software is something of a solo occupation that can be attractive to people who have, lets say, less than perfectly stable personalities, or who have downright anti-social tendencies. Result of which is that they may not be such experts at handling stress as normal people might be.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
                    Oh wow. You are vaguely referencing this blog entry: https://libv.livejournal.com/27461.html
                    That and the dozens of other never-ending posts on there and in other venues.

There I take apart an irclog, with timestamps, and point to the source, and you call it unsubstantiated?
                    The IRC logs you point to are after you ragequit, didn't share the source, and told everyone to never touch lima whenever they brought it up. So they most definitely don't give any supporting arguments as to why you did any of that in the first place.

First off, timestamps include both date and time. Those snippets only show the time. Not that I want it or think it matters anymore, because there's a more important issue.

Your posts don't substantiate your specious claims about AMD, ARM, Airlie, Bridgeman, Jackson, and Jasper's behaviors before the drama that supposedly lead up to it. We could browse any of your public posts after shots were fired and pull out far more statements about others that are just as nasty. We could then pass it all to a fanfic writer and slap the new narrative up on livejournal. Bam! History in the making.

For all anybody knows, you started the shit slinging and then when people started trash talking you for your behavior, you screencapped everything and ragequit. Selective quotes from after hostilities began don't tell us how those hostilities began. And it's your narrative that's the most questionable portion of your frequent rants. Not the random facts salted here and there.

Your grandiose claims about the machinations of dozens of individuals over the course of a decade are the bit that's unsubstantiated. Which is important, as it's what fuels the angst we're all subjected to when lima and mali come up in conversation. I've had to watch this shit long enough that I don't really consider you as a reliable source any more. Which is a shame because I originally started out in your court.

Jasper was right in that IRC quote about lima being tainted by your behavior. It was like an ugly family court session where one parent insisted on dragging their kid into the divorce proceedings for the next 5+ years instead of keeping it civil and between the parents. And any time someone brought up contributing to lima on IRC or forums, you'd talk about how lima was cursed and it would take their first born and give them herpes if they touched it, so they shouldn't bother. I mean, that part is obviously hyperbole, but you actively warned people away, and people were concerned about you starting even more drama if the project got revived.

That's why it fell apart and sat languishing until it was clear that you were out of the picture and weren't going to contribute anymore. It was tainted because you thought it should fail for other because it failed for you, and you wanted it to fail, and you dropped that negativity on anyone interested for years. Pointing out that he and his employer didn't want to wade in the middle of your endless windmill tilting isn't slander. If anything, it should have been a reality check as to how people are perceiving your actions. I mean, you get beetlejuiced every time someone mentions lima and everything gets rehashed. You should be using the publicity opportunity to mend fences and rebrand. Not trying to get another stab in. Instead we've come full circle in that people are warning others away from you warning others away from lima. It's some kind of shitty poetry.

Part of me still believes that it was wrong to continue lima. As stated earlier, the chances that the people now pushing lima and panfrost are going to have political and economical repercussions has perhaps reduced slightly (with jem davies gone), but are definitely not gone, and time will tell where that goes. The pressure on ARM is gone entirely, yet ARM has not learned its lesson, and history will repeat itself next cycle. A coldhearted calculation told me that it was better to have lima and tamil die, and see freedreno, etnaviv, and the then still positive looking but now also dead tegra/nouveau, lead the way. But people decided differently, and time will tell whether that really was the smart choice.
                    Time will tell what in the end will happen to Alyssa Rosenzweig and Qiang Yu. Lyude Paul works on this on her redhat time and is therefore pretty immune to both political and economical pressures. Jem Davies has in the meantime moved away from ARM MPD, and maybe that has somewhat changed the equation. Maybe things are now possible that were deemed impossible 8 (when i started on this path), 7 (when i showed this code), 4 (when i got baselessly smeared by Jasper St. Pierre from Endless) years ago.
                    See, that's exactly what I mean. All doom and gloom to everyone who wants to get involved. You need to knock that shit off. You don't know what the environment is like anymore because you're looking at it through old, bitter lenses. If anything, the freedreno project, which was inspired by your project should have proved that a reverse-engineered driver can end up positively for the project and the developer. Rob Clark is doing well, and he deliberately started on another hardware driver because his employment limited him with PowerVR.

Qiang Yu apparently works for AMD but started lima work in his spare time. It's been somewhere like 6-18 months since he started doing that and he hasn't been fucking JFKed yet. Linux driver developers are in demand currently. Even if ARM squashed the project (unlikely), they could just quit and get hired elsewhere with Valve, or switch subsystems.

No one really knows if you were initially as wronged as you claim you were. Honestly, it'd be nice just to know that your behavior started entirely from an external source. That way we could chalk up your following actions to poor coping skills. I'd like to think that positively of you. But when I contrast your story and behavior with the behavior of the people you name and my interactions with them, it's hard to interpret your intent generously.

Many of the people you name are on this forum, and they graciously avoid getting dragged into arguments with you because they know it won't help anything. They've been very adult about it in the years that followed. You haven't. It's harder to move on when you feel wronged than it is when you clearly know you fucked up. It's the kind of thing you learn in relationship and life counseling. I can guarantee that whatever they may have actually done on purpose to obstruct/avoid you, you've attempted to do far more to them since then. You think you're justified, but many others don't see it that way.

It's pretty clear to everyone that your behavior about it online since then has been extremely unprofessional and deleterious to your career in a world where people like to google prospective employees. I know I'd be hesitant to work with anyone with a multi-year public internet grudge match. We wish you'd see these threads as a wakeup call about needing to let things go for yourself, rather than doubling down on your resentment. Nobody has any clue about how you interacted with others before this all began. And honestly, if you're going to rebuild your life, that's the kind of presence you need to start building again. Nobody wants more volumes of your Harry Potter-esque backstory filled with drama. Libv and the Proprietary Graphics Ecosystem just doesn't sell that well anymore. Show people who you are outside of all this nonsense. Start blogging about bikes or something and let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post

And to add to that, there is also the case of Hans Reiser, who was such a victim of psychological warfare that he murdered a russian woman he purchased over the internet.
                      Or something like that.

Or we could face the truth, that software is something of a solo occupation that can be attractive to people who have, lets say, less than perfectly stable personalities, or who have downright anti-social tendencies. Result of which is that they may not be such experts at handling stress as normal people might be.
                      In first Place, the Women that you say "was brought in the internet", was a Formed Obstetrician/Gynecologist Doctor, and Hans was in Petersburgo at the time, he was the One who procured by catalog a Inteligent and with a good Profession, and so on Girl..
                      They married Later, and they had 2 children's..

So its not like something bad happened to him...
                      He created a Hell, for him , and Worst for his Wife, and also for his sons..

His Wife asked for divorce, and he chased her, harassed her, at the point that the court rulled a way so that he would be forced to be 100 meters away from her and from the Children's that he never took car of..

Also He doesn't pay bills related with the Children's..

Hans is a Criminal, accused of First Degree Murder of his own ex-Wife, and got 25.to life prison sentence..
                      Only after the court give him 25-to life prison sentence he tell were he bodied the body...disgusting!!

So its not as Hans Reiser, was a victim, he Himself is a predator, a murder, in his essence..

I was not talking about this situation, but instead, of the Victims..

In this case,
                      Would be Nina Reiser, to kill him, for constant harassment, and threats all the time,
                      She lived in Hell, with that monster..

Comment

Working...
                      X