Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreeSync Support Lands In Linux 4.21 With Other DRM Updates In Christmas Day Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    As for the compositor discussion, I think if the compositor supports HW presentation timing and doesn't have any quirks that might interfere with Freesync, it should "just work" without much development effort.
    That sounds good if true!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      FreeSync was developed by AMD and first announced in 2014.
      Here we are 5 years later.
      What a failure when it took Linux a half decade to get this technology.
      Well, at the time that was niche, but nowdays seems massive - 568 monitor models and growing

https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

Different ranges, some only supports it via HDMI, other only via DP, some both (but could be at different range too), some have LFC, some doesn't... and FS2 and HDR of course, at least on FS2 is guaranteed to have LFC
      Last edited by dungeon; 12-26-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

shmerl more resources would always be welcome. But it will never be enough to cover the current approach with multiple compositor implementations. Weston/mutter seems to do okay though.

Comment

Really cool but they still havent fixed the bug where wayland screen just turns off and never comes back. This issue isnt there on Xorg. Anybody knows the bug report for this issue ?

Comment

During 2019 I'd really like to watch video comparison between DXVK games with/without FreeSync/GSync in phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
              During 2019 I'd really like to watch video comparison between DXVK games with/without FreeSync/GSync in phoronix.
              Why? Videos have frame-rates of their own and so does the display you watch them on. The experience can't really be properly conveyed through a video. It needs to be experienced first hand to get a proper impression.

Comment

Working...
              X