No announcement yet.

The Linux Direct Rendering Manger Subsystem Poised To Have A Second Maintainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope this was worth implementing a CoC created by somebody who's tried to get people fired for civil disagreements in outside-of-work contexts...

Still, I hope that Daniel, unlike his co-maintainer, can uphold some actual code quality standards and dare to push back on mainlining code he's personally involved with. Because with David we're talking about a combination of pride and sloppiness so bad he refused to admit fault even after he unwittingly passed on code that wouldn't even compile because he didn't bother to even compile test it.

Comment

I wonder if he is mentally fit for the task if the old code of conflict wasn't enough for him. Can he take critique of his code and work well enough to maintain such a big subsystem?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Maybe some day in the future. Current focus is in the display port protocol and VRR works with the latest AMD wip kernel and patched OIbaf ppa Mesa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGesNjhUo-w
        A very near "some day" that is as it's supposed to work with 4.21.

Comment

In everything I've seen, Daniel Vetter is incredibly sensible and contributed a lot.
          Good to see the known difficulties in scaling maintainers will be helped in this instance for the drm subsystem by a proposed co-maintainer.

Comment

So Intel blackmailed Linus to get a CoC instated, to get their guy in?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
              So Intel blackmailed Linus to get a CoC instated, to get their guy in?
              It was probably just a result of the CoC being put in place, the motivation for it is bigger. It's all about corporatism/fascism and control. Linux and a handful of other kernel contributions are not controlled by a large corporation like Intel. The CoC is simply a tool to squeeze people who are not controllable out. Intel and Redhat can tell their employees what to do and fire them if they don't. They don't have the same kind of control over Linus and a handful of other developers. It's obvious that the interests behind the Trump administration, such as the Bilderberg Group, the CFR and the DOD as well as corporate alliances like the Linux Foundation want a lot more control over the kernel than they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
                It was probably just a result of the CoC being put in place, the motivation for it is bigger. It's all about corporatism/fascism and control. Linux and a handful of other kernel contributions are not controlled by a large corporation like Intel. The CoC is simply a tool to squeeze people who are not controllable out. Intel and Redhat can tell their employees what to do and fire them if they don't. They don't have the same kind of control over Linus and a handful of other developers. It's obvious that the interests behind the Trump administration, such as the Bilderberg Group, the CFR and the DOD as well as corporate alliances like the Linux Foundation want a lot more control over the kernel than they have now.
                I'm wondering if it's time to switch to BSD and keep my linux desktop for gaming.

EDIT: Not sure what the "Trump administration" has to do with it, as I'm pretty sure the establishment has existed long before (and in fact why people didn't want Clinton in).
                Last edited by fuzz; 11 December 2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Wow, these incels are triggering themselves these days

Comment

Wasn't Daniel already the backup guy in case Dave was unavailable?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                      EDIT: Not sure what the "Trump administration" has to do with it, as I'm pretty sure the establishment has existed long before (and in fact why people didn't want Clinton in).
                      I love to throw slightly adopted quotes in the mix. It's actually based on

"The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, The Trilateral Commission – founded by Brzezinski for David Rockefeller – and the Bilderberger Group, have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens."– Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl, Ph.D., former German defense ministry official and advisor to former NATO Secretary General Manfred Werner.

Comment

Working...
                      X