No announcement yet.

The Linux Direct Rendering Manger Subsystem Poised To Have A Second Maintainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux Direct Rendering Manger Subsystem Poised To Have A Second Maintainer

Phoronix: The Linux Direct Rendering Manger Subsystem Poised To Have A Second Maintainer

For hopefully helping out with code reviews and getting code staged in a timely manner before being upstreamed to the mainline Linux kernel, Daniel Vetter of the Intel Open-Source Technology Center is set to become a co-maintainer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When can Linux support HDMI 2.1 VRR and VESA Adaptive-Sync?

Comment

Number of CoC abuses: 0
      Days since contributor blames CoC: flips back to zero

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
        Number of CoC abuses: 0
        Days since contributor blames CoC: flips back to zero
        You just don't know what you are talking about. We do not advertise the offenders, but they exist.

Martin, sitting on the X.Org Board of Directors

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          When can Linux support HDMI 2.1 VRR and VESA Adaptive-Sync?
          4.21 at this stage has this AFAIK

Comment

Anyone who is for adding regressive political documents to foss projects are either useful idiots or have malicious intent. IMHO
            Last edited by Redfoxmoon; 11 December 2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: Slow day today, long live the edit button! ;_;

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

Can you elaborate on what Martin did?
              He is Martin as far as understood.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

He is Martin as far as understood.
                Oh dear me, yes now that I look back on it, yes, yes. I feel dumb now

Comment

In a situation like this the person should be banned from making the decision to pull intel code. He could review etc. but the other maintainer should make the decision to pull or not.

Comment

varikonniemi Personally I don't see a problem as long as one corporation doesn't have a monopoly on maintainers and the development process is as transparent as Linux is. Also, there is still Linus at the top of the hierarchy.

Comment

Working...
                    X