Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.20.2 Released With A Bunch Of Bug Fixes

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.20.2 Released With A Bunch Of Bug Fixes

It's almost been a half-year already since the release of the long delayed X.Org Server 1.20, but with no signs of X.Org Server 1.21 releasing soon, xorg-server 1.20.2 was announced today as the latest stable point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really hope that they fixed the bug where most of Vulkan games would just freeze in fullscreen mode on Wayland (tested on Plasma) until you enforce window mode with boarders. This regressed badly since x.0rg 1.20. Bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106713

Comment

I hope this shit ends soon

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        like if we had a better alternative lol

Comment

Wayland guys are really weirdest What about, if you don't like X - don't use it?

I mean Wayland users should be in joy, to celebrate 10th anniversary of Wayland and to stop complain really at this point
          Last edited by dungeon; 15 October 2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Wayland guys are really weirdest What about, if you don't like X - don't use it?

I mean Wayland users should be in joy, to celebrate 10th anniversary of Wayland and to stop complain really at this point
            I hope that such shit ends the soonest possible.

Comment

I hope that such shit ends the soonest possible.
              I agree Wayland should end as it is old already, we should invent something else new.

Something that enforce VK compositor and GPU computations for everything maybe
              Last edited by dungeon; 15 October 2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

What, X.Org? It's just getting started. Here's to another 20 years!

Comment

I agree Wayland should end as it is old already, we should invent something else new.
                  Only if it's a desktop-oriented compositor/protocol for power users, unlike Wayland's mobile crippling in name of pseudo-security.

Comment

Something that enforce VK compositor and GPU computations for everything maybe
                    I hope that such xorg shit ends the soonest possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X