Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Number Of AMDGPU DRM Fixes Prepped Ahead Of Linux 4.19

Phoronix: A Number Of AMDGPU DRM Fixes Prepped Ahead Of Linux 4.19

Following AMD staging numerous AMDGPU DRM improvements in DRM-Next for Linux 4.19, they have moved onto further testing this code and providing various fixes for some of the early fallout to these changes ahead of the next kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So raven ridge will hopefully be stable in autumn?

Comment

Still not getting any audio from the display port on my Fury to my MG279Q monitor when playing 44.1khz content as of kernel 4.17.8. Always worked fine on Windows so there's got to be some issue somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
        its already stable for me

Comment

I feel like in Czech Kingdom because of surnames in the commit
          Christian König
          Colin Ian King and
          Thomas Zimmermann
          because most famous Czech virtual inventor Jára Cimrman (uitgesproken als het Duitse Zimmermann) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1ra_Cimrman

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            Still not getting any audio from the display port on my Fury to my MG279Q monitor when playing 44.1khz content as of kernel 4.17.8. Always worked fine on Windows so there's got to be some issue somewhere.
            Yes, as in it won't be mainlined until 4.19.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Yes, as in it won't be mainlined until 4.19.
              Uh? Not sure I understand. AMDGPU DC including HDMI and DP audio was mainlined in 4.15. My issue is that it only works for 48khz content, but not for 44.1khz and it doesn't seem like anyone is looking into it. Are you saying that 4.19 has a fix for this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
                On Ryzen Mobile I would call Linux very usable. My system can't Suspend (varies a bit with the kernel I'm running + Fedora updates) and does have an occasional keyboard hang. However for my usage (programming, web, and video watching) it does very well. It has literally gotten better with each update from Fedora.

A quick edit: some of the problem s that are showing up might not even be AMD related, I've seen reports of various forums where Intel hardware has had similar issues.

Comment

So amdgpu Vega blanking woes will only be fixed in 4.19+? What about DisplayPort / Wayland issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Uh? Not sure I understand. AMDGPU DC including HDMI and DP audio was mainlined in 4.15. My issue is that it only works for 48khz content, but not for 44.1khz and it doesn't seem like anyone is looking into it. Are you saying that 4.19 has a fix for this bug?
                    Sounds like it might be a audio driver or application issue. Most HDA codecs only support 48khz. The CPU has to do the re-sampling for other rates I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X