Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Number Of AMDGPU DRM Fixes Prepped Ahead Of Linux 4.19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Number Of AMDGPU DRM Fixes Prepped Ahead Of Linux 4.19

    Phoronix: A Number Of AMDGPU DRM Fixes Prepped Ahead Of Linux 4.19

    Following AMD staging numerous AMDGPU DRM improvements in DRM-Next for Linux 4.19, they have moved onto further testing this code and providing various fixes for some of the early fallout to these changes ahead of the next kernel cycle...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-4.19-DRM

  • #2
    So raven ridge will hopefully be stable in autumn?

    Comment


    • #3
      Still not getting any audio from the display port on my Fury to my MG279Q monitor when playing 44.1khz content as of kernel 4.17.8. Always worked fine on Windows so there's got to be some issue somewhere.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by makam View Post
        So raven ridge will hopefully be stable in autumn?
        its already stable for me

        Comment


        • #5
          I feel like in Czech Kingdom because of surnames in the commit
          Christian König
          Colin Ian King and
          Thomas Zimmermann
          because most famous Czech virtual inventor Jára Cimrman (uitgesproken als het Duitse Zimmermann) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1ra_Cimrman


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            Still not getting any audio from the display port on my Fury to my MG279Q monitor when playing 44.1khz content as of kernel 4.17.8. Always worked fine on Windows so there's got to be some issue somewhere.
            Yes, as in it won't be mainlined until 4.19.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

              Yes, as in it won't be mainlined until 4.19.
              Uh? Not sure I understand. AMDGPU DC including HDMI and DP audio was mainlined in 4.15. My issue is that it only works for 48khz content, but not for 44.1khz and it doesn't seem like anyone is looking into it. Are you saying that 4.19 has a fix for this bug?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by makam View Post
                So raven ridge will hopefully be stable in autumn?
                On Ryzen Mobile I would call Linux very usable. My system can't Suspend (varies a bit with the kernel I'm running + Fedora updates) and does have an occasional keyboard hang. However for my usage (programming, web, and video watching) it does very well. It has literally gotten better with each update from Fedora.

                A quick edit: some of the problem s that are showing up might not even be AMD related, I've seen reports of various forums where Intel hardware has had similar issues.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So amdgpu Vega blanking woes will only be fixed in 4.19+? What about DisplayPort / Wayland issues?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

                    Uh? Not sure I understand. AMDGPU DC including HDMI and DP audio was mainlined in 4.15. My issue is that it only works for 48khz content, but not for 44.1khz and it doesn't seem like anyone is looking into it. Are you saying that 4.19 has a fix for this bug?
                    Sounds like it might be a audio driver or application issue. Most HDA codecs only support 48khz. The CPU has to do the re-sampling for other rates I think.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X