Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfdesktop 4.13.2 Released As Another Step Towards Xfce 4.14

Phoronix: Xfdesktop 4.13.2 Released As Another Step Towards Xfce 4.14

As another step towards the long-awaited Xfce 4.14 desktop environment release, Xfdesktop 4.13.2 is now available as the latest development release for this important piece of the Xfce desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thumbs up for XFCE for staying sane and staying out of my way most of the time. XFCE is exactly what a desktop should be, small, simple, (very) configurable and helpful instead of a integrated mess that tries to do everything for you.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I also like XFCE a lot. It does exactly what it should, no more, no less.

Comment

I agree, XFCE is a great DE and I use it extensively since the demise of KDE 3.xx and Gnome 2. Long may it continue!

Comment

Xfce4 from Git Master (Fully Gtk3 and running on Fedora 28). Compiled last night. Been using Git Master for quite some months now.

Comment

I wonder if they'll have it ported to GTK3 before GTK4 is out...

Comment

Originally posted by ptyerman View Post
              I agree, XFCE is a great DE and I use it extensively since the demise of KDE 3.xx and Gnome 2. Long may it continue!
              KDE 3 isn't fully demised. It lives on in TDE. Yes, I know it doesn't have the development power that MATE has, but there are frequent commits and they've added support for modern hardware in the last couple of months (like screen brightness keys on laptops, for example) and it's rock solid.

Comment

I absolutely love XFCE. Only DE I use besides it is i3 when I feel in a tiling ultra minimal mood. I tried Gnome 3.28 a bit back and it was very nice but XFCE does it for me. I first got hooked on it with ubuntu studios heads up layout.

Comment

Been using xfce forever. I see no reason to use anything fancier even on an i7.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

KDE 3 isn't fully demised. It lives on in TDE. Yes, I know it doesn't have the development power that MATE has, but there are frequent commits and they've added support for modern hardware in the last couple of months (like screen brightness keys on laptops, for example) and it's rock solid.
                    Yeah, I used Trinity for a short while soon after its release but moved on soon after. Haven't looked back since switching to XFCE, it does everything I need, stays out the way, and looks great after a bit of tweaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X