A Reusable DRM Module To Be Worked On For "Underserved" Graphics Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Reusable DRM Module To Be Worked On For "Underserved" Graphics Hardware

Phoronix: A Reusable DRM Module To Be Worked On For "Underserved" Graphics Hardware

While Kevin Brace of the OpenChrome project as the lead and only developer left working on this open-source VIA driver stack has restarted the discussion towards mainlining the OpenChrome DRM/KMS driver, he has decided to take a break from that for a few weeks and to focus on developing a "reusable DRM module" to help other vintage/obscure graphics hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My guess is Voodoo 4/5 driver...
    My second guess is 3DLabs hardware...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      My guess is Voodoo 4/5 driver...
      My second guess is 3DLabs hardware...
      I am sure those drivers would... GLIDE right into the kernel :P

Comment

Awesome, I wish him all the best of success.
        There is a plethora of HW out there that does lack some decent driver. Geode GX, (in parts LX), all the SiS ones, Volari things, S3, VIA, Kyro Kryo (?), Voodoo, Matrox, very old ATI and NV ones, really old ones... okay, a good bunch of them is 2D only, but anyway. At least this stuff should be supported for more than a VESA driver.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          Awesome, I wish him all the best of success.
          There is a plethora of HW out there that does lack some decent driver. Geode GX, (in parts LX), all the SiS ones, Volari things, S3, VIA, Kyro Kryo (?), Voodoo, Matrox, very old ATI and NV ones, really old ones... okay, a good bunch of them is 2D only, but anyway. At least this stuff should be supported for more than a VESA driver.
          My vote is still to kill them all with fire, in case someone was wondering.

Comment

Working...
          X