Short story:
    @4K PRO > RADV > AMDVLK
    @1080p RADV > PRO > AMDVLK
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by valici View Post
      Does RADV and AMDVLK use the same part of LLVM for shader compiling?
      Yes, the LLVM parts are the same. The frontends, i.e. the parts that translate SPIR-V into LLVM IR, are different though.

Comment

I'm glad that this time you added 1080p benchmarks for dota 2.
        but I wanted to ask, what is your testing methodology for this game?

Comment

Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post

Yes, the LLVM parts are the same. The frontends, i.e. the parts that translate SPIR-V into LLVM IR, are different though.
          Thanks for the reply. Makes sens as the performance of RADV and AMDVLK had similar patterns.
          Hopefully LLVM will close the gap with PRO.
          AMD Team from AMDVLK is the one working on improving LLVM, right?

Comment

Originally posted by valici View Post

AMD Team from AMDVLK is the one working on improving LLVM, right?
            We have several teams working on llvm (mesa team, amdvlk team, compute team).

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Thanks. It's really impressive how much effort AMD is putting in Linux drivers. Keep it up!

Comment

Is the work different for the mesa team and amdvmlk team on LLVM?
                If so, in simple terms, why please?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Is the work different for the mesa team and amdvmlk team on LLVM?
                  If so, in simple terms, why please?
                  Compute team focuses on what we need for compute frameworks, mesa team focuses on what we need for OpenGL, and Vulkan team on what we need for Vulkan. Obviously a lot of it is common.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                    Because i have lost episodes, Vulkan-Pro needs the entire pro driver? Or it's just needs Vulkan and AMD-IL from Pro? I currently use RADV.
                    Just like the AMDVLK driver, Vulkan driver from pro-package can be used on upstream stack directly.

Comment

Compute team focuses on what we need for compute frameworks, mesa team focuses on what we need for OpenGL, and Vulkan team on what we need for Vulkan. Obviously a lot of it is common.
                      I guessed compute would be different, but without any knowledge of GPU or 3D I'd assume that graphics API shouldn't matter much at that stage. Obviously I'm wrong. Is it more optimizations that separates you guys? or do you actually have different features for some reasons? I'm just curious

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X