Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Candidates Are Vying For This Year's X.Org Foundation Board

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Six Candidates Are Vying For This Year's X.Org Foundation Board

    Phoronix: Six Candidates Are Vying For This Year's X.Org Foundation Board

    There are six candidates running for this year's X.Org Foundation Board of Directors with four seats being open this election...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ion-Candidates

  • #2

    Bryce Harrington and Keith Packard (only reading their statements, not looking into them further) sound like the only two sane ones. "lowering the bar of entry", "(making) low hanging fruit (bugs?)" <- particularly insane one, and the regressive left attitude in general is bad.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
      Bryce Harrington and Keith Packard (only reading their statements, not looking into them further) sound like the only two sane ones. "lowering the bar of entry", "(making) low hanging fruit (bugs?)" <- particularly insane one, and the regressive left attitude in general is bad.
      "Regressive left attitude"? I assume this is in response to this statement: "encouraging a welcoming environment for all contributors". Would you rather it say "fosters an combatative environment where the alt-right are free to insult, ridicule, and bully people who make them feel inadequate"?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dkasak View Post

        "Regressive left attitude"? I assume this is in response to this statement: "encouraging a welcoming environment for all contributors". Would you rather it say "fosters an combatative environment where the alt-right are free to insult, ridicule, and bully people who make them feel inadequate"?
        Except this isn't true.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

          Except this isn't true.
          Sure it is. Looking at your ( short and embarassing ) history of posts, the only thing that interests you here is pushing the alt-right agenda - so much so that others have already called you out for it. But perhaps you'd care to enlighten is as to the real trigger for your "regressive left attitude" comment ...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dkasak View Post

            Sure it is. Looking at your ( short and embarassing ) history of posts, the only thing that interests you here is pushing the alt-right agenda - so much so that others have already called you out for it. But perhaps you'd care to enlighten is as to the real trigger for your "regressive left attitude" comment ...
            "Everything I don't like is ALT-RIGHT!", "Everyone I don't like is a LITERAL NAZI!" Childish. we all know especially in the more extreme cases of regressive left politics taking over white men are not allowed, but they screech about "inclusion" everytime.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

              "Everything I don't like is ALT-RIGHT!", "Everyone I don't like is a LITERAL NAZI!" Childish. we all know especially in the more extreme cases of regressive left politics taking over white men are not allowed, but they screech about "inclusion" everytime.
              There are plenty of things I don't like that aren't alt-right. But you're not one of them, and neither is anything you've said so far I guess you're just a pretty one-dimensional character. I have no problem with calling out alt-right tools where I see them. You're the one that brought the Nazis into this. Do you get called it a lot? I'm guessing you do. Oh and you still didn't tell us what triggered the 'regressive left politics' thing. Maybe it was nothing; maybe you just see that shit everywhere ... you are, after all, under siege.

              Comment


              • #8
                Harry Wentland had some pretty reasonable statements as well. As continuation of his comment typically refactoring code into more readable blocks, improving documentation, having mentoring processes for aspiring developers and making sure review processes and early sharing works well is fundamental in making sure a software project continues to exist

                Comment


                • #9
                  Every news site I read has now one or more "alt-right" militant ready to jump and throw up asinine, frequently desultory, deceitful assertions. At first I did not care, it was "let them eat their crap" attitude and I just ignored or blacklisted them. Now that I see that the impact they have on society should not be belittled as they create echo chambers that spread their nonsense to lots of peasants, creating a mob of extremists, I fight back talking to others and exposing their inconsistencies and plain crude nescience. Stupidity must be stopped.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    /me prepares a bowl of popcorn over an old tiki torch he found lying around in the Phoronix forums...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X