Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Working On A "More Normal" Media Stack

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi Working On A "More Normal" Media Stack

Eric Anholt of Broadcom's latest open-source Linux driver work hasn't been on their BCMV Vulkan driver or their newer VC5 Gallium3D driver, but rather improving the multimedia stack for existing Raspberry Pi devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can not wait to be able to test this. Tried to do a full upgrade last month, while it worked I lost mouse and keyboard control for some reason. Most likely something I did (followed the guide on his github). If anyone has had luck doing a full upgrade (kernel, libdrm, Mesa, X Server), let me know any tricks that were needed!

Comment

What is the current situation with Rasberry Pi? Can you boot with a normal kernel or do you still need a specific kernel?

Comment

I have a pi 3 coming off home monitoring duties soon and would be nice to do Kodi or something with it with generic mess.
        (I use vms to build k8s).

Comment

Working...
        X