X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

What you expect from 8 year old 19 Watts card? I am sure HD 5450 is much faster than RPi3's GPU

Fire up GLMark2 and compare, 79 on it, probably can do theoretical 150 if everything is top notch optimized How much you get there with HD 5450? I guess anything between 300-500 should be normal.
    I have one, fanless. It is weaker than the GPU on a Jaguar quadcore 5150. It even only support 2 displays, despite having 3 connectors. Is the kind of thing you buy because you need the cheapest card for a Bulldozer system.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    $99 Ryzen APU would totally eat all these for diner
    you can't replace them with $99 ryzen apu. you will also have to replace motherboard and memory

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied

These HD 6450/6570 perform like Kabini/Kaveri APUs... never say never, as that $99 Ryzen APU would totally eat all these for diner even that E ones in 35W mode even together with default JEDEC DDR4 clocks

I don't sell anything, but would change these at least because of electricity consumpation - as that alone knows to pay back initial investment
    I'd sure love to see the Raven Ridge 2200G/2400G get working under Linux but I fear that the B350 and X370 motherboards are missing something that BIOS alone can't fix for these processors. Once the B450 and X470 (or whatever they're called) come out those processors will shine but it's going to take some time.

If Michael couldn't get them going it's just too early and there is too much wrong with the CPU/Mobo combination.

On the other hand, having continued support for older hardware like my HD6870 on my work computer is comforting.

It'll all work out in the end unless the 2400G and 2200G are defective, I still want to do a uITX build but not until the frustration index goes down.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    can't upgrade my PPC G4 cube any further ;-)

Leave a comment:

• audi.rs4
    replied
    Good luck buying any upgrade in the current GPU market...

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    There sometimes is no HW upgrade. A lot of APUs are soldered, esp. in notebooks, so there is no upgrade possibility. Throwing away well working HW is a horrible waste (unless it is a real power waster, but those are not).
    So yes, I am more than happy to still have all that r600 and pre related stuff going.
    I even have one r100 chip and am happy, since that was the only combination of a Transmeta CPU (for my personal museum of x86-style HW) with a GPU that actually works; everything else was more like SiS or XGI (anyone remember them?).

So good to see updates and fixes to the driver. And good to see the community can help here with all the specs and stuff available. Though also here there is still a lot of contribution from AMD's driver team.

Of course I also have love for my modern RX 560.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by grok View Post
    The 5450 performs like crap, would need overclocking?
    What you expect from 8 year old 19 Watts card? I am sure HD 5450 is much faster than RPi3's GPU

Fire up GLMark2 and compare, 79 on it, probably can do theoretical 150 if everything is top notch optimized How much you get there with HD 5450? I guess anything between 300-500 should be normal.
    Last edited by dungeon; 06 March 2018, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grok
    replied
    The 5450 performs like crap, would need overclocking? On the lowest end there can be hundreds of MHz left on the vine, even for memory.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by ermo View Post

Never*!
    My HD 4850, HD 5770, HD 6450 and HD 6570 cards are all still going strong.
    These HD 6450/6570 perform like Kabini/Kaveri APUs... never say never, as that $99 Ryzen APU would totally eat all these for diner even that E ones in 35W mode even together with default JEDEC DDR4 clocks

I don't sell anything, but would change these at least because of electricity consumpation - as that alone knows to pay back initial investment
    Last edited by dungeon; 06 March 2018, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by ermo View Post
    Never*!

My HD 4850, HD 5770, HD 6450 and HD 6570 cards are all still going strong.
    I agree - some of this older hardware is still surprisingly capable considering their age, particularly with OpenCL. Thanks to Arlie, these GPUs still have a few more years left in them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X