Xorgproto Debuts, Reflecting X.Org Server Development Slowing Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xorgproto Debuts, Reflecting X.Org Server Development Slowing Down

Phoronix: Xorgproto Debuts, Reflecting X.Org Server Development Slowing Down

Xorgproto had its inaugural release today as the collection of all the X.Org Server protocol headers formerly distributed as separate, standalone packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hallelujah!
    As one of those weird people with an LFS system that I maintain myself, this should make my life easier…

Comment

I hope they do the same thing for apps... approximately 95 packages for stinking little programs.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
        I hope they do the same thing for apps... approximately 95 packages for stinking little programs.
        It used to be like that after the xfree86 fork. Unless my memory fails me, the last non-modular package was 6.9 in the mid 2000s.
        The cool thing was that upgrading from xfree86 to xorg was seamless. The split was a bit odd but nothing broke.

Comment

Typo in the title: s/Development Slowing Down/API Getting Stabilized/

Comment

Originally posted by zboszor View Post
            s/Development Slowing Down/API Getting Stabilized/
            it is the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              it is the same thing
              No. Development slowing down would be no stabilization of API and no release.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

LFS users are not weird people. Canonical worker did broke my Debian testing Xfce system with his graphics driver packages and after messing with Debian packages four days, I was dreaming about the Slackware distribution or compiling everything by my self.
                is way they call testing, is not for prodution use

Comment

Working...
                X