Improved Wayland Application Redraws Coming To Enlightenment's EFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So Rust got ported to all of the Unixes? 'Cause that's what he asked: "a library that can be used by every single language possible on any Unix."
    Here's the platform support chart.

Last I checked...
    1. Processor support was excellent, with it supporting Linux on every CPU architecture supported by at least one major distro except for Alpha, PA-RISC, Itanium, and Motorola 68000-series (all processor architectures which are obsolete for anything less than hobbyist or life-support-of-an-enterprise-application use, which LLVM either never supported or dropped support for) as well as many architectures not yet supported (or not supported fully). For example, the in-progress addition of MSP430, RISC-V, and emscripten-free WASM support, and the released support for NVPTX and bare-metal ARM. (I'm not sure what the status is, but efforts are also under way to support AVR so it can run on lower-end Arduino boards.)
    2. While they don't officially support all possible combinations of OSes and processors yet, OS support is also excellent, with the following OS targets being supported on at least one CPU:
    • Android
    • Bare metal on ARM and MSP430 or via support for emitting nVidia PTX code
    • Bitrig
    • DragonFlyBSD
    • Emscripten (asm.js or WebAssembly)
    • FreeBSD
    • Fuchsia
    • Haiku
    • iOS
    • Linux 2.6.18+ (glibc or MUSL)
    • NetBSD
    • NetBSD Rump Kernel
    • OpenBSD
    • OSX 10.7+
    • PNaCl (Though I seem to remember reading that it was being removed, since Chrome was aggressively deprecating it)
    • Redox OS
    • Solaris 10/11 and Illumos
    • Windows 7+ (MinGW or MSVC, SSE or not)
    • Windows XP
    It's certainly more widely supported than GNOME's systemd dependency.
    Last edited by ssokolow; 12-20-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      [/LIST]It's certainly more widely supported than GNOME's systemd dependency.
      Are you seriously comparing a programming language to an init system? Dude...

Comment

Originally posted by bleubugs View Post

Please enlighten us here. This is a very common pattern in C for callback with user data. Not just EFL developpers will be interested to know you solution, but the GTK developer would to ( https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/...signal-connect ).
        Please recommend your solution for a language that would be used for a library that can be used by every single language possible on any Unix.
        For callback data I agree, it's probably your best choice. But for normal functions, where the applicable type is known in advance? No. Just no. Those should use proper types, so the compiler at least warns you that specific functionality is not supposed to work with the object you are passing to it. And as I said before: a single generic base class for everything is about as useful as a void* in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Are you seriously comparing a programming language to an init system? Dude...
          Only in that GNOME already ties part of its functionality to systemd's login session handling and, if they were to tie part of their functionality to Rust, it'd still be supported on a broader range of platforms.

Comment

Working...
          X