Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Has Been Developing A 3D Window Manager Using Wayland

Phoronix: Bosch Has Been Developing A 3D Window Manager Using Wayland

In what appears to be research for potential use within in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems, Bosch in conjunction with other organizations has been developing a 3D window manager that's built atop Wayland/Weston...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH is a subsidiary of Bosch AG. The company was founded in 2009 and its goal is to develop and produce industrial electronic components. Actually after studying the German Job Market it looks like that they have refreshed their self-image as they hiring (15 open positions) mainly higky educated devs and engineers for deep learning, product development, 5G radio and graphics and visualization development.

Comment

I was expecting something like this to surface at some point. Just not by this company :P (to be fair, their automotive division seems to be doing all sorts of advanced things).

Comment

Reminds me of the SGI FSN. That was their 3D file manager, as featured in Jurassic Park. When I played with FSN for the first time on an SGI Indy, it felt like playing with some advanced alien sci-fi technology! Surely this was the way of the future! Little did I know, 25 years later, we're still clicking on flat 2D file manager icons, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          Reminds me of the SGI FSN. That was their 3D file manager, as featured in Jurassic Park. When I played with FSN for the first time on an SGI Indy, it felt like playing with some advanced alien sci-fi technology! Surely this was the way of the future! Little did I know, 25 years later, we're still clicking on flat 2D file manager icons, lol.
          i thought that was a flight simulator

Comment

Reminds me of something Nvidia did with QT3D:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH, ATS Advanced Telematic Systems GmbH, GlobalLogic, and OBIGO Join Automotive Grade Linux

By Alex ContiniMarch 26, 2014Announcements

SAN FRANCISCO, Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, March 26, 2014 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Linux, today announced that Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH, ATS Advanced Telematic Systems GmbH, GlobalLogic, and OBIGO are joining the organization. The companies are also joining the Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) Steering Committee, comprised of automotive, communication, semiconductor, electronics and academic contributors, that are working to create a Linux-based platform to meet the security and performance requirements of the automotive industry.

Seems they have Corporate offices in Germany and Japan.

Comment

Working...
              X