• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerberus
    replied
    Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
    Again 5+ years experience
    If you possess the required skills send your CV regardless, most companies will not care about the exact amount of experience if you possess the required skills and can demonstrate them accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    They can use Wayland for IoT.
    You mean Mutter?

Why would they want Mir? What does it bring to the table?
    RTFA

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Angel
    replied
    Again 5+ years experience

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    It would've been a great decision if they hired devs for Unity, not Mir. Unlike Mir, Unity is actually a great peace of software that I'd prefer to both kde and gnome.

Leave a comment:

• bkor
    replied
    Originally posted by shanefagan View Post
    Looking at the comments above made me pretty disappointed in the community at large so I'm going to say it below in bold so they can understand:
    Who cares what Mir was, is, etc. For a very long time Mir wasn't Wayland. Nowadays it can pretend to be a Wayland compositor or something. I don't care. That people don't care and don't understand is logical. Same name, same vagueness. Whatever.

When wondering why nobody understands or get you, maybe the problem is not so much with all the other people. Entirety of Mir is highly confusing.

Leave a comment:

• grok
    replied
    Does IoT need graphics driver crashes etc. ? or is it that IoT just means "computer" now.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Obviously that it's still covered by their CLA that gives Canonical exclusive rights to sell proprietary versions: https://www.canonical.com/projects/directory

Leave a comment:

• shanefagan
    replied
    Looking at the comments above made me pretty disappointed in the community at large so I'm going to say it below in bold so they can understand:

Wayland is a specification for a protocol, it isn't an implementation!!!!! Mir itself as of right now is an implementation of the specification for the Wayland protocol.

There is space for a lightweight display server or maybe Canonical uses Mir for their Gnome spin in the future, if they really want to. It is an option, not some random thing, there are a few Wayland implementations. Weston is one of them, Mir is now one of them and maybe some other company down the line can also implement the protocol. There are 8 implementations of Wayland I found in the 5 minutes of random googling I did.
    Last edited by shanefagan; 15 November 2017, 09:39 AM. Reason: uses not users

Leave a comment:

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    Somehow I think Canonical missed the original memo that Wayland isn't a compositor/display-server. Now that Mir is a Wayland compositor (as it should have been all along) suddenly it's actually useful to people, including Canonical!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X