Enlightenment 22 Is Packing Much Better Wayland Support, Meson Build System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment 22 Is Packing Much Better Wayland Support, Meson Build System

Phoronix: Enlightenment 22 Is Packing Much Better Wayland Support, Meson Build System

With Enlightenment E22 having been in development for one year and queued over 1,500 patches so far, the next release could be near with a great number of new features and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    both supported for building Enlightement but for

Comment

Finally, a reason for pulseaudio

Comment

Someday I'll install E and test it myself. It seems light on resources and beautiful (judging by screenshots, videos etc). And the more interesting: I read that it's stack and tiling WM at the same time!

Also, I like the fact that it is in very active development.

Comment

Here is a question, is there a mainstream distro supporting Enlightenment? It has been a very long time since I've had it installed anywhere, might be a good time for another peak.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            Here is a question, is there a mainstream distro supporting Enlightenment? It has been a very long time since I've had it installed anywhere, might be a good time for another peak.
            Off the top of my head, Mageia ships with official Enlightenment support (that is, with a theme and an install group and everything). Fedora also has a very up to date Enlightenment stack, too.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
              openSUSE has very good enlightenment support:

This repo already has version 22:
              Enlightenment window manager and desktop environment is really fast, configurable and beautiful. Provides the latest version of Enlightenment, and is the successor to e17.

Comment

Do they have tap-to-click yet?

Comment

Originally posted by King InuYasha View Post

Off the top of my head, Mageia ships with official Enlightenment support (that is, with a theme and an install group and everything). Fedora also has a very up to date Enlightenment stack, too.
                  Antergos lets you choose which desktop environment you want in the installer, but you can only choose from a few, including Enlightenment. PCLinuxOS also has an Enlightenment version. And Elive (I know it's not mainstream by itself, but it's based on Debian, which is).

Comment

Originally posted by jamdox View Post
                    Do they have tap-to-click yet?
                    Yes, and enabled by default. This has been the case for a few years now...

Comment

Working...
                    X