Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.9 Is Around The Corner With New Features

Phoronix: Libinput 1.9 Is Around The Corner With New Features

Peter Hutterer of Red Hat has announced the first release candidate of libinput 1.9, the input handling library now widely used by both Wayland and X11 Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You really are a mentally unstable person, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
      Technologies invented by KDE and then badly reinvented by GNOME: Lots.

So this is how "collaboration" works.
      Fixed that for you.

Comment

Commits from RH/GNOME: Lots.
        Commits from KDE: Zero.

So this is how "collaboration" works.
        Huh? WTF. This is not even related to KDE nor GNOME, it is a missing key infrastructure piece of Wayland. Why are you even trolling here?

Comment

I'm interested in this bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745032

It sounds like that would need to be fixed on GNOME's side right and not libinput's?

Comment

- Touchpads now ignore extra fingers while the pointer-controlling finger is moving.

Whyyyyyy?

This is a feature I love! When my second finger hits the touchpad it's because I put my finger on the god damn touchpad. I don't have parkinsons. Being able to go from cursor moving to scrolling is great.

Who suggested that shit?

Comment

That's a very rude comment considering that all work is done by RH/GNOME people.
              It's not rude, it's true, and truth hurts.

Comment

Is there already a way to disable certain mouse buttons? My mouse always sends additional button events which break lots of applications. Thus, I've to disable this very button in xorg.conf and everything is fine. Any idea how to that for Wayland?

Comment

Truth is that there would be no libinput without RH/GNOME.
                  Truth is that Linux in general would be in total shit shape without RH (systemd, PulseAudio, containers and flatpacks, KVM, Wayland and others).

GNOME is just tangential here (GNOME devs paid by RH are doing other stuff around). That's the truth that hurts you.

Comment

Truth is that there would be no libinput without RH/GNOME.

So the "collaboration" is in fact RH/GNOME doing the hard work and a bunch of back seat drivers pretend to be important.
                    dude, redhat employs a shit load of people to do important open source jobs, as do many other companies - redhat is just in the best position to do so. Everyone knows the importance of all the commercial companies employing people to write open source code.

cool your jets, turbo - no need to try and start a flame war

Comment

Working...
                    X