No announcement yet.

Sway Is Taking Flight As A Featureful i3-Compatible Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thelongdivider in the linked article I am reading something about rotatet output beeing supported now.

Comment

i only wish it wasn't a fork of i3, but instead integrated with its codebase. this way either of projects would not have to play catch up with another.

Comment

I installed this in Arch, problems with being able to copy and paste was a deal breaker for me and I gave up. Hopefully the clipboard improvements with this release will eliminate the issues I had before and I can have another go at trying it.

I really want to start getting the hang of these keyboard focused things, vim and tmux, i3/sway etc., but so far I haven't gotten the hang of any of them. One day....

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Will it not work with i5, i7, Ryzen etc.?
          Nice, friday joke

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Will it not work with i5, i7, Ryzen etc.?
            Well... it says it's i3 compatible... Dosn't specifically exclude others...

Comment

I wonder if sway of any of the underlying software could allow me remap buttons on my Logitech 4-button track ball.
              I normally (in X) map one of the buttons as scroll activation (it also can act as 4th button). Last time (at least a year ago) remapping wasn't possible.
              So... If anyone knows I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by chrs View Post
                thelongdivider in the linked article I am reading something about rotatet output beeing supported now.
                Why, in the age of compositors, is rotation still done in hardware via reconfiguring the whole crtc output? Since every window has its own buffer, why not just rotate in software?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post

Why, in the age of compositors, is rotation still done in hardware via reconfiguring the whole crtc output? Since every window has its own buffer, why not just rotate in software?
                  A Wayland compositor (or a Xorg driver, for that matter) can implement rotation either way, depending on the hardware / kernel driver capabilities. But it has to be actually implemented, it doesn't magically work without any code for it.

Comment

dump i3blocks if it doesn't work. Install conky-cli which is only 265k and only has few dependencies. https://i3wm.org/docs/user-contributed/conky-i3bar.html

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

They're calling them pointer constraints (this includes confinement and relative input), relative input is the one that's interesting for games and for weird pointer wrapping stuff like in blender. You can add money to the bounty for it which is currently sitting at $10, and that may incentivize somebody to do it. This document outlines how you can do that.

Cheers :- )
                      Thanks friend! I've donated what I can, that's a good way of doing things for those of us less able to implement the code ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X