Sway Is Taking Flight As A Featureful i3-Compatible Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway Is Taking Flight As A Featureful i3-Compatible Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Sway Is Taking Flight As A Featureful i3-Compatible Wayland Compositor

For those that haven't been following the development of Sway, it's an i3-compatible Wayland compositor that works with existing i3 configuration files and continues supporting the latest Wayland functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The biggest issue with me moving to sway was that there is no support for screen rotation. Otherwise it was essentially working perfectly even on Nvidia proprietary drivers.

Comment

The only thing stopping me using it is the lack of the cursor locking thing being implemented yet. Can't remember the technical name, but it stops XWayland games from behaving properly in full-screen.

Comment

Will it not work with i5, i7, Ryzen etc.?

Comment

Later im installing with Wayland...just for test. Any news on i3blocks compatibily?

Comment

Later im installing with Wayland...just for test. Any news on i3blocks compatibily?

github.com/oldgaro/dotfiles

Comment

Still waiting for i3blocks compatibility. Too bad I dont know C...

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                The only thing stopping me using it is the lack of the cursor locking thing being implemented yet. Can't remember the technical name, but it stops XWayland games from behaving properly in full-screen.
                They're calling them pointer constraints (this includes confinement and relative input), relative input is the one that's interesting for games and for weird pointer wrapping stuff like in blender. You can add money to the bounty for it which is currently sitting at $10, and that may incentivize somebody to do it. This document outlines how you can do that.

Cheers :- )

Comment

Maybe I help to implement a i3blocks compatible to Sway.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    Will it not work with i5, i7, Ryzen etc.?
                    I believe this is what's being referred to.:
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I3_(window_manager)

Comment

Working...
                    X