No announcement yet.

XWayland Grabs Onto Keyboard Grab Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is great and all, but what I really need (not want, need) is a proper screen grab protocol for xwayland and wayland so that I can record windows or portions of screens with applications like SSR and OBS (which is currently impossible under an Wayland session).

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post
      Soon Wayland will be everything X11 ever was. And more.
      Yes, because X11 is a protocol just like Wayland... oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
        I can't remember the last time i had any trouble alt-tab'ing out of fullscreen apps under X.
        I'm talking about those fullscreen apps that grab the keyboard (games, typically), not fullscreen apps in general. Your browser in fullscreen won't do it.
        Last edited by andreano; 02 August 2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Well, what if there's a bug in the app that grabs input, and it freezes and doesn't respond to input? (Happens in games). Or if the app is malicious? Then you can't switch out of the app the normal way, and your only recourse might be to restart the system or restart the display manager (which normal users would be unaware of)

Comment

↑ Yes, not only are you relying on each application implementing Alt-Tab to do something sensible (that's Super-Tab if you're on Weston), you're also depending on them never hanging. Bound to fail! And I don't even see how you would restart the display manager if your keyboard (and mouse) are locked up … other than running an ssh server just in case of emergency.

Yikes, I had really hoped this mistake wouldn't be made again!
            Last edited by andreano; 02 August 2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Hopefully this will finally fix the issues I have in virt-manager and VNC sessions in KDE Plasma Wayland as well. This keeps me from switching fully to Wayland. Ok sometimes as well some driver crashes.

Comment

Working...
              X