Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XWayland Grabs Onto Keyboard Grab Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XWayland Grabs Onto Keyboard Grab Support

    Phoronix: XWayland Grabs Onto Keyboard Grab Support

    Adding to the list of changes for X.Org Server 1.20 that will be released in the future is grab protocol support for XWayland...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ab-Server-1.20

  • #2
    Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
    Happens to be RH/GNOME doing the hard work. Again.
    Hail Hydra!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Hail Hydra!
      Shame on you for making fun of the kid. He is only trying to get our attention. He needs a hug, not a reason to be more depressed, like be stuck using Gnome.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Shame on you for making fun of the kid. He is only trying to get our attention. He needs a hug, not a reason to be more depressed, like be stuck using Gnome.
        (sees what you did there)
        (chuckles)

        Comment


        • #5
          omg he's back!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
            Happens to be RH/GNOME doing the hard work. Again.
            I'm pretty sure Canonical is secretly developing a CLA licensed kind-of-free Wayland replacement as we speak. :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              capturing ALL keyboard events
              This is why you can't alt-tab out of fullscreen windows in X, right? … how is that not the worst idea ever?

              Comment


              • #8
                Soon Wayland will be everything X11 ever was. And more.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by andreano View Post

                  This is why you can't alt-tab out of fullscreen windows in X, right? … how is that not the worst idea ever?
                  Huh? I can't remember the last time i had any trouble alt-tab'ing out of fullscreen apps under X.
                  As for the use case of this feature, it's stated in the article, mainly VM or remote desktop.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bregma View Post
                    Soon Wayland will be everything X11 ever was. And more.
                    *Soon™'

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X