NVIDIA Makes It Easier On Fedora To Try GNOME With EGLStreams On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post

That would be the opposite of dropping the worst implementations. Just ask Canonical.
    It doesn’t change reality am afraid. Still, enjoy life inside your own micro bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Really, after 30 years you can think of one exploit? Sure gotta get off this train asap.
      Maybe because not all attacks are detected or receive media coverage (few users, even fewer virus scans), ? The point still stands, screen grabbers and key loggers exist and are particularly easy to do on X11. If you don't see the problem, good for you, but the people selling commercial support for linux desktop have decided to change train indeed.

Your reasonning really looks like "Adding a lock to my house door prevents my friend from passing by when I'm not home, it's really inconvenient. I haven't been robbed in the past when I didn't use a lock, so it's not a problem."

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
        Maybe because not all attacks are detected or receive media coverage (few users, even fewer virus scans), ? The point still stands, screen grabbers and key loggers exist and are particularly easy to do on X11. If you don't see the problem, good for you, but the people selling commercial support for linux desktop have decided to change train indeed.

Your reasonning really looks like "Adding a lock to my house door prevents my friend from passing by when I'm not home, it's really inconvenient. I haven't been robbed in the past when I didn't use a lock, so it's not a problem."
        The problem with your analogy is that I can produce a lengthy list of "exploits" when it comes to house burglaries.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

The problem with your analogy is that I can produce a lengthy list of "exploits" when it comes to house burglaries.
          Point that I addressed already. You won't find a precise list of screen capture malware for windows either, but it's a well known threat. Look up fruitfly (targeting linux and macs), people don't even know how long it has been in the wild. If people don't even have to break into your house, you won't even know they've trespassed. That's the state of linux desktop security, and xorg is really not helping.

Comment

Working...
          X