• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Slartifartblast

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    I remember I was on ubuntu 10.04 when it was rumored that ubuntu 10.10 would have default wayland. We're in 2017 and apart from Fedora nobody uses wayland! Then Ubuntu talks about Mir and suddenly wayland becomes indispensable. Something will not come back and anyway, years will pass before the wayland will be used by many distributions, if this happens!
    I say Carstairs, by jove it's one of those horseless carriage contraptions. They'll never catch on, can't beat a good strong horse you know.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

you talk so because don't know the benefits of wayland if implemented in every single elements of the operating system utilities and so on. The fanboy doesn't accept the progression if not understand it.
    Wayland is progression, but Gnome isn't. At least, not in the current state with huge memory leaks, performance problems and the lack of common sense in few places.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68

• Charlie68
    replied
    I remember I was on ubuntu 10.04 when it was rumored that ubuntu 10.10 would have default wayland. We're in 2017 and apart from Fedora nobody uses wayland! Then Ubuntu talks about Mir and suddenly wayland becomes indispensable. Something will not come back and anyway, years will pass before the wayland will be used by many distributions, if this happens!

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by WebMac View Post

I wonder who is actually the fanboy here...
    Who doesn't accept the progression if not understands it.
    Azrael5
    Last edited by Azrael5; 15 July 2017, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WebMac

• WebMac
    replied

you talk so because don't know the benefits of wayland if implemented in every single elements of the operating system utilities and so on. The fanboy doesn't accept the progression if not understand it.
    I wonder who is actually the fanboy here...

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow

• tildearrow
    replied
    The only thing I need to switch to Plasma on Wayland is modesetting.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Good. That's what works for you.

I'd sooner stay on X11 than use GNOME... and that's also fine.
    you talk so because don't know the benefits of wayland if implemented in every single elements of the operating system utilities and so on. The fanboy doesn't accept the progression if not understands it.
    Azrael5
    Last edited by Azrael5; 15 July 2017, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• edoantonioco

• edoantonioco
    replied
    Right now Im on wayland kde on latest Qt and plasma, and it works great most of the time. But there are some bugs left that hopefully will be fixed on Qt 5.10 at the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow

• ssokolow
    replied
    It was clear that KDe has problem to implement wayland. Too long time has passed since the operation started. Kde has been overcame by GNOME/Fedora and next time from Ubuntu/GNOME (that would explain the reason why Ubuntu prefers gnome to KDe). Probably KDe structure has some kind of compatibility issue the developers are not able to fix and as far as me they won't be able to fix ever. I'll wait for the next releases then I'll change to GNOME/Ubuntu.
    Good. That's what works for you.

I'd sooner stay on X11 than use GNOME... and that's also fine.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
    What would anyone expect from KDE different from this?
    performance and reliability gain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X