Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's XDG-Shell Preparing For Stable

Phoronix: Wayland's XDG-Shell Preparing For Stable

Wayland developer Jonas Ådahl is preparing to promote the XDG-Shell interface from unstable to stable...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ll-Stable-Plan

Will this be the key to allowing for screen recording under Wayland without using DE-specific tools (e.g.: OBS)?

Comment

Now KDE can finally support GTK3 apps on Kwin running through wayland

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
        xdg-shell v6 support is currently coming along nicely, yeah. We had a partially Wayland-focused dev sprint in Spain this month where the bulk of it got implemented, along with more Wayland stuff. Plasma 5.11 later this year should be a pretty big milestone for our Wayland session.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
          Sadly, a couple of days ago, Mozilla gave me and various others a non-negotiable reason to stick to X11.

(They WONTFIX'd the request for a WebExtensions API capable of enabling the scroll-wheel to switch tab focus like it does in all other Linux apps, so I need a desktop which'll let me write keylogger-y code to hijack scroll-wheel events over the tab bar and convert them into synthesized Ctrl[+Shift]+Tab keypresses.)

Source: Bug 1246706, Comment 16

Comment

That's crap. Chromium?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Sadly, a couple of days ago, Mozilla gave me and various others a non-negotiable reason to stick to X11.

(They WONTFIX'd the request for a WebExtensions API capable of enabling the scroll-wheel to switch tab focus like it does in all other Linux apps, so I need a desktop which'll let me write keylogger-y code to hijack scroll-wheel events over the tab bar and convert them into synthesized Ctrl[+Shift]+Tab keypresses.)

Source: Bug 1246706, Comment 16
              Have you even read what you replied to or did I miss the news that Mozilla finally switched to GTK 3 now?

Comment

Working...
              X