Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igalia Making Progress On Improving Chromium Wayland

Phoronix: Igalia Making Progress On Improving Chromium Wayland

Igalia developers have been working on improvements to better supporting Google's Chromium/Chrome web-browser under Wayland and should eventually be upstreamed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is great news, considering the browser is the app most people use when using their computer getting good wayland support is vital

Comment

What about Firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        What about Firefox?
        News few months ago month: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...nd-AUR-Flatpak
        Don't know current progress or how their new interface work relates.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          What about Firefox?

Comment

Excellent. I've already been feeling uneasy with the lack of visibility on progress

Comment

Any suggestions how to handle a window management in the app to make it more-or-less compatible with the rest of software? From what I read, I have to draw window decorations myself. So should I just not care about user preferences (if he wants dark/bright theme, gtk-style/qt-style, close button on left/right side etc.) and draw what fits better with the app? Or don't care at all because all games have no decorations under wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post
                Any suggestions how to handle a window management in the app to make it more-or-less compatible with the rest of software?
                load same library as the rest of software

Comment

hope chromium has full wayland support, since this is essential in bringing steam client to wayland

Comment

Working...
                  X