Mir Developer Hopes Community Will Use It & Add Wayland Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Because the inner core of Mir is this, the outer shell might be different though
    That is basically the point, the difference between Mir and Wayland's design isn't the "inner core" or the "outer shell", those work in roughly the same way in both. The difference is that Wayland makes the "inner core" and "outer shell" both accessible to developers, while Mir only makes the "outer shell" accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      no, you don't. why should i hate? most engineers are of low level
      Oh, I don't know why you hate, I assume it's because as rumours have it your heart is two sizes too small. But most of your posts are just expressions of hate, hate towards projects, hate towards people. I imagine you hate kittens and puppies too. You seem to be a very unhappy person. So, I get that you hate. I get that you come here to show us how outraged you are at everything.

Just go ahead. Take it all out here. Do your best Kylo Ren and use you words to try to destroy people and their work. After all, it's just so much easier than trying to actually do something of lasting value.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        That is pretty hypocritical when you have been spreading flat-out wrong information about Wayland, information that ten seconds of googling would have shown you was wrong.
        I don't have to google anything about this. It's my job as the guy who runs the Mir development team at Canonical to know these things inside and out.

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post

I don't have to google anything about this. It's my job as the guy who runs the Mir development team at Canonical to know these things inside and out.
          And yet you still get basic, fundamental aspects of Wayland completely wrong. That is worrisome to put it lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            you could phrase it better as "mir has only one implementation of display server". now it doesn't sound like an improvement
            I could phrase it as "Mir provides you with a display server, Wayland has you build your own". But I'm not trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanGriffiths View Post
              I could phrase it as "Mir provides you with a display server, Wayland has you build your own".
              I think Wayland also has a reference implementation for the compositor part. It is named Weston I believe.

Cheers,
              _

Comment

Originally posted by AlanGriffiths View Post

I could phrase it as "Mir provides you with a display server, Wayland has you build your own". But I'm not trolling.
                You could, but you would be wrong. Mir and Wayland both provide a display server, but Wayland also lets you build your own while Mir doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                X