Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Details On The Proposed Inputfd Protocol For Wayland

Phoronix: More Details On The Proposed Inputfd Protocol For Wayland

A few days ago I wrote about Inputfd as a new Wayland protocol proposal for better supporting gaming devices. Peter Hutterer who drafted the proposal has now released a larger overview on this proposed addition...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This might be slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if it is possible to have several mice which control different pointers under Wayland? Something like ManyMouse for X11? World of Goo under Linux offers this so that it's possible to play the game with up to 4 players simultaneously. Is something like this possible with Wayland?

Comment

I hope they also consider that wireless input devices can easily disconnect and then reconnect. Until now I have to restart all games when this happens and this iq quite a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by blubbaer View Post
        I hope they also consider that wireless input devices can easily disconnect and then reconnect. Until now I have to restart all games when this happens and this iq quite a pain.
        Libinput (and any modern display server using it) certainly supports hotplugging of input devices and has done so from the beginning. You can lead a developer to technology but you can't make him code, so unless your game has been explicitly written to react to input device hotplug events, you're going to be restarting for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by WebMac View Post
          This might be slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if it is possible to have several mice which control different pointers under Wayland? Something like ManyMouse for X11? World of Goo under Linux offers this so that it's possible to play the game with up to 4 players simultaneously. Is something like this possible with Wayland?
          Yep, you can have multiple wl_seats in Wayland, and Weston supports this feature, and I wrote a utility in my wayland live cd that allows that to be easily configured... It's a bash script though, and it needs Zenity, so it probably could be run anywhere...

Comment

Working...
          X