Sway 0.12 Wayland Compositor Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
    So what are your recommendations for a good terminal emulator to use under Sway? Under i3 I use st, and I know that there is a wayland port of st for wlc, but I don't know if this is well maintained or good.
    Alacritty may be promising...

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
      redshift is such an evil hack to rely on. How hard could it be for monitors to implement a sensor for automatic backlight control and possibly gamma control. I mean redshift could be even more useful it should not only get geolocation but also a weather report and it should also be connected to your windows and curtains. In fact it should be required by law to protect your eyes.
      There are monitors with automatic backlight control (for example, the Surface Pro 3/4) but I personally don't like it as my eyes are very sensitive and automatic backlight always sets monitors/phone screens too bright for me (on the ones I've tried it on) during the day. So I'd much rather control it myself.

Comment

I use gnome-terminal, though for some reason that crashes if I try to run it on XWayland under Sway (which I often need to do because wlc still doesn't share the clipboard between X and Wayland apps), so I also use the VTE sample application, which isn't ideal but gets the job done.
        I suppose I'll check out Alacritty, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I like termite

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            redshift is such an evil hack to rely on. How hard could it be for monitors to implement a sensor for automatic backlight control and possibly gamma control. I mean redshift could be even more useful it should not only get geolocation but also a weather report and it should also be connected to your windows and curtains. In fact it should be required by law to protect your eyes.
            Yes, it's a hack. But no, please don't have monitors automatically change its backlight. Have them expose gamma control to the video driver, and let Redshift control that.

Comment

Working...
            X