Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir 1.0 Expected To Come Early In Ubuntu 17.10 Cycle

Phoronix: Mir 1.0 Expected To Come Early In Ubuntu 17.10 Cycle

Canonical developer Alan Griffiths has shared a few details about getting Mir 1.0 ready for release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    they will also be removing deperecated APIs ahead of Mir 1.0.

Comment

Bigger waste of time than Duke Nukem Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
        Bigger waste of time than Duke Nukem Forever.
        Hey! Why would you want to work with that idiotic linux community to create something, when you can just copy all the code and use it for your very own thing with an awesome CLA around it? Man, you so dont understand how Canonical works!!!!!!!!11111

Comment

who else think is gonna get as a preview and get a new date later on?

Comment

We actually do understand. Canocial was scared that Wayland wasn't going anywhere so they started to create Mir, then Wayland 0.85 came out and they decided to save face and keep course even though there obviously was no reason.

Comment

In all honesty though, competition is good... if Mir ever get to compete (get released in time). I mean the ideal scenario is that Mir could improve Wayland (on certain aspects) and vice versa. Just being positive here.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
                We actually do understand. Canocial was scared that Wayland wasn't going anywhere so they started to create Mir, then Wayland 0.85 came out and they decided to save face and keep course even though there obviously was no reason.
                It's a nice theory, but i put my chips on the fact that Canonical suffers from the 'Not created by us' syndrome...
                The only thing i believe they kept going just to save face is Unity. They actually tried to contribute to Gnome 2 and usually very good stuff. But it took ages for something to make it upstream, and then Gnome 3 came out...

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post
                  Hey! Why would you want to work with that idiotic linux community to create something, when you can just copy all the code and use it for your very own thing with an awesome CLA around it? Man, you so dont understand how Canonical works!!!!!!!!11111
                  Glad I am not the only one. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
                    In all honesty though, competition is good... if Mir ever get to compete (get released in time). I mean the ideal scenario is that Mir could improve Wayland (on certain aspects) and vice versa. Just being positive here.
                    Competition only works if there are two or more solutions that are adapted by different parties. The problem is, the only party that wants Mir is Canonical, everyone else, even the non-Unity Ubuntu flavors, are rooting for Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                    X